Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Coolant leaking around turbocharger

Old 02-17-2018, 04:52 PM
FlyinInTheWind
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant leaking around turbocharger

So, I am finally getting things done on my recent buy, and am noticing that tere seems to be some coolant leaking from around the turbocharger . I am curious to see if anyone has had any similar experience and what you found to be the issue. It is enough that it causes smoke from dripping on the motor/exhaust, however, I cannot see where it is coming from... Welcome any thoughts ...
Old 02-18-2018, 09:03 AM
michael7810
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

probably a hose, there are plenty of them to leak in that area. If you can get a pressure tester that helps but you may have to remove some of the inlet plumbing to pinpoint the leak.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:12 PM
FlyinInTheWind
Track Day

Ya, I did pressure test the system, however I did not test it hot, so I may not have gotten that area tested. Will be doing it again it seems and see how things go.
Thanks for the response.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:57 PM
bumflick
Racer

I have had two leaks in this area.
The first was after replacing the turbo. The 90 degree hard pipe water pipe that connect to the the turbo on the driver's side, where it screws in to the turbo. Needed to tightened, and a bit of plumbers tape on the threads helped
The second was with the short rubber hose that connects aforementioned hard pipe and the aux pump. A fresh section of water hose and new clamps solved that.

Malcolm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coolant leaking around turbocharger