Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Upgraded turbo running A tune set.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 11:56 PM
Dkritz944
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Upgraded turbo running A tune set.

I’ve gone though all the necessary steps in prepping for an upgraded turbo. Wastegate, MBC, exhaust, ect. I’m currently running a Rogue A tune. Is it feesable to run a larger turbo with just an ATune? And of course injectors. Is there a way to adjust the A tune chip set to make it play nice with the turbo. Keeping the AF mix correct and all? I am looking at a stand alone or M tune in the future but a buddy of mine said the Mtune can be tricky to get dialed in right. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:35 AM
Smudo
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 13 Posts

As far as I know, the A-tune works for k26/6 and k26/8, thus if the upgraded turbo will be more productive, the tune on the A-tune chip will not work correct (plus, I am not sure how new injectors would work together with A-tune). In theory it is possible to re-burn it, but in practice that would not be feasible, thus if you make various improvements, standalone might be the best option.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:06 PM
raleighBahn
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a MAP sensor with a-tune, so it adjusts itself within reason. The real problem is the "a" part of a-tune, that is AFM. Once the barn door is wide open, the AFM can't read beyond that voltage (5V?) - ie, there is no way to accurately meter airflow. You need a MAF to read the higher airflow and thus ensure proper mixture of air and fuel, as well as new injectors for the extra flow.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:23 AM
Dkritz944
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raleighBahn
You have a MAP sensor with a-tune, so it adjusts itself within reason. The real problem is the "a" part of a-tune, that is AFM. Once the barn door is wide open, the AFM can't read beyond that voltage (5V?) - ie, there is no way to accurately meter airflow. You need a MAF to read the higher airflow and thus ensure proper mixture of air and fuel, as well as new injectors for the extra flow.
Ahhhhhh....got it. That is a great explanation. So either the MAF or a standalone before the turbo. Makes a lot more sense now. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Upgraded turbo running A tune set.