Old 03-22-2018, 11:07 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GPA951s
I was wondering where the updated list was, I am interested in late offset PCA legal A arms. I recently purchased all the equipment to hone alu-sil, and I am in the process of building several engines, so One of these days I will want that 3l Crank :-) Will the Knock Sensor you sell work with a TEC 3 standalone? It does have knock regulation but it absolutely stinks.. I detonated and blew a headgasket last fall and am looking for something better. - Thanks.
Been too busy to mess with any of this. As of now, only whatever is listed with a price is available. A few inquired about the 3L crank, still available. Grab it while you can, it's nice.

The paste for the Alusil is not cheap, but worth it if you have the equipment and the know how.

The V-Knock works with the KLR. I don't think Tec3 has a knock indicator output, so it will not work.
I do have a Knock detector circuit, it goes as a piggyback between knock sensor and Ecu. I Have used it while tuning cars without a factory knock sensor.
It sounds like you need an active Knock Control system. I think J&S has one, but not very familiar with it.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:27 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Would you trade a good 2.7 head missing the OPRV for the 16v turbo pistons?
Old 04-09-2018, 06:28 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Would you trade a good 2.7 head missing the OPRV for the 16v turbo pistons?
I don't think so. I'm trying to make room, so adding a cylinder head defeats the purpose.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Well I had to ask because the answer is always no if I don't. Anyone want to buy a 89 2.7 8v head for $650 plus shipping? it's missing the $300 OPRV but it's in good shape. I'll throw in turbo exhaust valves to sweeten up the deal. I really want those 2.5 16v turbo pistons. I have mental issues that those pistons will help cure. Ok that was a bit of a lie, there's no cure, but I really want those pistons! If interested PM me and hopefully Mr. John will have not sold those pistons and I'll get them.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Well I had to ask because the answer is always no if I don't. Anyone want to buy a 89 2.7 8v head for $650 plus shipping? it's missing the $300 OPRV but it's in good shape. I'll throw in turbo exhaust valves to sweeten up the deal. I really want those 2.5 16v turbo pistons. I have mental issues that those pistons will help cure. Ok that was a bit of a lie, there's no cure, but I really want those pistons! If interested PM me and hopefully Mr. John will have not sold those pistons and I'll get them.
How'd you lose the oil valve? Just looked and they seem to sell for over $450. Did you look in the seat cushions and such? Is the head otherwise assembled and not surfaced/machined?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
How'd you lose the oil valve? Just looked and they seem to sell for over $450. Did you look in the seat cushions and such? Is the head otherwise assembled and not surfaced/machined?
there $300 from sunset Porsche last I checked. And I picked up an 89 944 that didn't have one in its head. I bought the car from a gentleman who said it was a basket case and his father bought it as a project for them both. The father did pretty good job without knowing these cars but he sent the head off to a machine shop and it returned without an OPRV without him knowing any difference. And if you want photo's of the head I can take some. I haven't had it machined and it has plenty of material on the sealing surface, I don't think it has ever been machined. But it is a 2.7 head and I don't see any for sale on evilbay. And John would like the cash and make space, hopefully with my help and not someone else's. And other then that the head is all together.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
I don't think so. I'm trying to make room, so adding a cylinder head defeats the purpose.
What are you making room for?
Old 04-13-2018, 05:49 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

email sent to you John
thks,
Jason
Old 04-13-2018, 06:19 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gruhsy
email sent to you John
thks,
Jason
Replied.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:59 AM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Any used mafs? I need an extra for the racecar just for track days.... Right now I am planning on "borrowing" the one off my streetcar because I'm getting
rid of the standalone totally
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GPA951s
Any used mafs? I need an extra for the racecar just for track days.... Right now I am planning on "borrowing" the one off my streetcar because I'm getting
rid of the standalone totally
I may. But first I need to get details on your application to make sure it's a fit. Best to email me directly to discuss the details.

Quick Reply: Garage Sale - Lots of new and used parts