Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Garage Sale - Lots of new and used parts (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/1043687-garage-sale-lots-of-new-and-used-parts.html)

fast951 03-22-2018 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by GPA951s (Post 14890071)
I was wondering where the updated list was, I am interested in late offset PCA legal A arms. I recently purchased all the equipment to hone alu-sil, and I am in the process of building several engines, so One of these days I will want that 3l Crank :-) Will the Knock Sensor you sell work with a TEC 3 standalone? It does have knock regulation but it absolutely stinks.. I detonated and blew a headgasket last fall and am looking for something better. - Thanks.

Been too busy to mess with any of this. As of now, only whatever is listed with a price is available. A few inquired about the 3L crank, still available. Grab it while you can, it's nice.

The paste for the Alusil is not cheap, but worth it if you have the equipment and the know how.

The V-Knock works with the KLR. I don't think Tec3 has a knock indicator output, so it will not work.
I do have a Knock detector circuit, it goes as a piggyback between knock sensor and Ecu. I Have used it while tuning cars without a factory knock sensor.
It sounds like you need an active Knock Control system. I think J&S has one, but not very familiar with it.

Humboldtgrin 04-09-2018 02:27 PM

Would you trade a good 2.7 head missing the OPRV for the 16v turbo pistons?

fast951 04-09-2018 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin (Post 14929460)
Would you trade a good 2.7 head missing the OPRV for the 16v turbo pistons?

I don't think so. I'm trying to make room, so adding a cylinder head defeats the purpose.

Humboldtgrin 04-09-2018 07:39 PM

Well I had to ask because the answer is always no if I don't. Anyone want to buy a 89 2.7 8v head for $650 plus shipping? it's missing the $300 OPRV but it's in good shape. I'll throw in turbo exhaust valves to sweeten up the deal. I really want those 2.5 16v turbo pistons. I have mental issues that those pistons will help cure. Ok that was a bit of a lie, there's no cure, but I really want those pistons! If interested PM me and hopefully Mr. John will have not sold those pistons and I'll get them.

Tom M'Guinn 04-11-2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin (Post 14930223)
Well I had to ask because the answer is always no if I don't. Anyone want to buy a 89 2.7 8v head for $650 plus shipping? it's missing the $300 OPRV but it's in good shape. I'll throw in turbo exhaust valves to sweeten up the deal. I really want those 2.5 16v turbo pistons. I have mental issues that those pistons will help cure. Ok that was a bit of a lie, there's no cure, but I really want those pistons! If interested PM me and hopefully Mr. John will have not sold those pistons and I'll get them.

How'd you lose the oil valve? Just looked and they seem to sell for over $450. Did you look in the seat cushions and such? Is the head otherwise assembled and not surfaced/machined?

Humboldtgrin 04-12-2018 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn (Post 14935344)
How'd you lose the oil valve? Just looked and they seem to sell for over $450. Did you look in the seat cushions and such? Is the head otherwise assembled and not surfaced/machined?

there $300 from sunset Porsche last I checked. And I picked up an 89 944 that didn't have one in its head. I bought the car from a gentleman who said it was a basket case and his father bought it as a project for them both. The father did pretty good job without knowing these cars but he sent the head off to a machine shop and it returned without an OPRV without him knowing any difference. And if you want photo's of the head I can take some. I haven't had it machined and it has plenty of material on the sealing surface, I don't think it has ever been machined. But it is a 2.7 head and I don't see any for sale on evilbay. And John would like the cash and make space, hopefully with my help and not someone else's. And other then that the head is all together.

Chris White 04-13-2018 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by fast951 (Post 14930065)
I don't think so. I'm trying to make room, so adding a cylinder head defeats the purpose.

What are you making room for? :)

gruhsy 04-13-2018 05:49 PM

email sent to you John
thks,
Jason

fast951 04-13-2018 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gruhsy (Post 14940462)
email sent to you John
thks,
Jason

Replied.

GPA951s 04-26-2018 09:59 AM

Any used mafs? I need an extra for the racecar just for track days.... Right now I am planning on "borrowing" the one off my streetcar because I'm getting
rid of the standalone totally

fast951 04-26-2018 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by GPA951s (Post 14968648)
Any used mafs? I need an extra for the racecar just for track days.... Right now I am planning on "borrowing" the one off my streetcar because I'm getting
rid of the standalone totally

I may. But first I need to get details on your application to make sure it's a fit. Best to email me directly to discuss the details.