Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

WTB: 944 Turbo Cup Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
Default WTB: 944 Turbo Cup Mirrors

Looking to track down a pair of turbo cup mirrors. I've come across a few members that have as-new in box pairs but so far no one willing to part with them. Depending on condition, looking to pay as much as $8-900 for the pair. Appreciate any and all help.

Part numbers below.
477.857.521.D Mirror, left
477.857.522.D Mirror, right

Old 01-12-2018, 03:17 PM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 408 Posts

I have golf1 gti mirrors which are same exact items with different base. Pm if you want them.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Doyle623
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Just in case you haven't checked Ebay, there is a set that was just listed for $800 obo:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/944-turbo-c...item33df79fce3
Old 01-12-2018, 08:13 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motoxxxdeamon
Just in case you haven't checked Ebay, there is a set that was just listed for $800 obo:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/944-turbo-c...item33df79fce3

Thank you. I did see that earlier and contacted the seller. Looks like the part number is 477857522B instead of 477857522D but they appear to essentially be the same design. Nonetheless, the condition isn't great with the repair and I couldn't get confirmation that the mirrors don't require cables to stay in place as other 924 mirrors with this part number do. $800 should be the asking price for a as-new set with the correct part number.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

I did locate a shop on the West coast that tells me they have a new pair in stock. I placed my order tonight and they said they would confirm on Monday prior to shipping. Hoping for the best!
Old 01-12-2018, 09:18 PM
Doyle623
Rennlist Member

Glad you found a set. Are you restoring a cup car or creating a replica?
Old 01-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Glad you found a set. Are you restoring a cup car or creating a replica?
Thanks! Order has been placed at about $200 per mirror. Hopefully the shipping confirmation comes on Monday. Also picked up two new tapping screws and gaskets.

I wish I had a cup car but unfortunately prices are getting up there. Not to mention having a cup would likely limit my ability to use it every weekend and have fun tinkering.

My '86 944 Turbo has an option list that is probably pretty common but I love the idea of a minimalist, lightweight car just meant for driving - the new 911T looks great btw. I don't plan on any modifications that aren't factory (of period) and will retain all original parts should I decide to revert back to the factory build.

The car feels great and I'm really enjoying the drive. Something about a focused, no-nonsense car that I love.

Completed:
1. Factory AC Delete
2. Factory Cup AC Delete HVAC panel (sourced from UK)
3. Cup Radio Delete Panel (also removed door speakers)
4. Cup Mirrors (*fingers crossed*)
5. Rear Wiper Delete
6. 968 CS Center Console (Storage Delete)
7. 3" Catless Exhaust
8. 968 Sways front and Rear
9. New Koni Sport on all 4 corners
10. Poli Bushings
11. 2017 GT3 Cup Steering Wheel (just for fun - definitely not of period)

Still under consideration:
1. Need to find a light weight battery. Maybe the Odyssey PC680?
2. Love the sport seats but they are HEAVY. May swap out the driver's seat for a Recaro Profi SPG (similar to Cup)
3. I have factory headlight washer delete plugs but don't plan on doing this unless I get the front bumper resprayed
4. Being an '86, I may switch to fuchs but still undecided (currently refinished phone dials)
5. Trying hard to find any of the original Magnesium parts but may be prohibitively expensive

Photo is prior to stereo delete.

Last edited by Bmuldoon; 01-12-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Doyle623
Rennlist Member

Looks great,I really like your plan. I like the idea of keeping modifications looking mostly “factory”. Do you have a pic of your HVAC delete panel? I’ve never seen one.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Looks great,I really like your plan. I like the idea of keeping modifications looking mostly “factory”. Do you have a pic of your HVAC delete panel? I’ve never seen one.

Of course. They are tough to find in the states so looking on Ebay in the UK or France is your best bet. Most are not functional and "for parts only" so keep an eye out. I paid $300 with shipping.

Old 01-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Doyle623
Rennlist Member

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:23 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 295 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmuldoon
Of course. They are tough to find in the states so looking on Ebay in the UK or France is your best bet. Most are not functional and "for parts only" so keep an eye out. I paid $300 with shipping...
So is that panel plug-and-play for a US 86na or do you have to modify the wiring or anything else? Mine is also AC deleted but not from the factory so my AC panel is sort of redundant.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MAGK944

So is that panel plug-and-play for a US 86na or do you have to modify the wiring or anything else? Mine is also AC deleted but not from the factory so my AC panel is sort of redundant.
Complete plug and play operation. There are three snap on harnesses behind the panel. Use care disconnecting as the plastic corner tabs are quite fragile. Directions for removal below.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...eplacement.htm
Old 01-14-2018, 03:32 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Note, the base gaskets do come with the factory packaged mirrors. Only one of the gaskets (I can't remember if its driver or p-side) is available separately from Porsche, the other is NLA. At least the last time I checked, maybe a couple years ago now.

There is also an H part number for the passenger mirror, which is a convex glass and has the "objects are closer than appear" text on it. The D is a standard p-side mirror.

By the way, where did you pick up the photo in the original post? Off of another rennlist thread or other? It's a scan of a 35mm pic taken on my back step from about 13 years ago....
Old 01-14-2018, 04:43 PM
Bmuldoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Note, the base gaskets do come with the factory packaged mirrors. Only one of the gaskets (I can't remember if its driver or p-side) is available separately from Porsche, the other is NLA. At least the last time I checked, maybe a couple years ago now.

There is also an H part number for the passenger mirror, which is a convex glass and has the "objects are closer than appear" text on it. The D is a standard p-side mirror.

By the way, where did you pick up the photo in the original post? Off of another rennlist thread or other? It's a scan of a 35mm pic taken on my back step from about 13 years ago....
Thanks for the additional info! Didn't know the gaskets came new with the mirrors! I'll double check that the vendor has them tomorrow.

Found that shot on another Rennlist thread "DIY Turbo Cup Mirrors - Possible?" Thank you for the photo usage! Do you still have them available?

Last edited by Bmuldoon; 01-14-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmuldoon
Thanks for the additional info! Didn't know the gaskets came new with the mirrors! I'll double check that the vendor has them tomorrow.

Found that shot on another Rennlist thread "DIY Turbo Cup Mirrors - Possible?" Thank you for the photo usage! Do you still have them available?
I assume I posted that photo in a thread at some point, but cool to see it pop up again. That set was installed on my car not long after that photo was taken, and have survived over a decade of track use (including two accidents)...

Quick Reply: WTB: 944 Turbo Cup Mirrors