Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Does this Silver Rose belong to anyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 11:50 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by NYPOWR4
Really everything on this car is doable. The interior parts for rose cars are pricey but this is a great candidate for a usable car with great up swing in price buy it I made him an offer already waiting on a response
Mike
Mike Markota? if not you I'll buy the car I even offer him more.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:23 PM
BHaas35
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck to who ever gets it. It looks like a solid car. I was thinking track car if I pulled the trigger but since I brought it to the forums I had no chance lol. Do I get a finders fee?
Old 10-29-2017, 12:32 AM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder who bought it. I knew that would sell quickly.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:52 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the ask and miles on it since the ad is pulled?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 AM
BHaas35
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wi54545
What was the ask and miles on it since the ad is pulled?
Not sure the official mileage but it stated 89,000 with an asking price of $9,550.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:54 PM
ried
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGK944
Could have been swapped due to damage of the original I suppose but I doubt it. If it has all the plumbing and jets for the washers, and you had to swap the bumper for one without holes for the jets, why wouldn’t you simply drill holes, it’s easy.

I’m guessing that washers were an option on cars in certain markets and there is an option code #288 for it.
That is a Canadian market vehicle (side markers) that's had both the front and rear bumper covers swapped out. The original equipment would include washers - and for non-Turbo S cars without the option, washer plugs. Under no circumstances would it have a smooth bumper cover up front. The rear has obviously been converted to a Euro bumper, too, as all Canadian cars had North American bumpers with the two thick rubber pads.

All North American Turbo S cars were fully optioned with headlight washers and split fold-down rear seats.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:20 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by ried
That is a Canadian market vehicle (side markers) that's had both the front and rear bumper covers swapped out. The original equipment would include washers - and for non-Turbo S cars without the option, washer plugs. Under no circumstances would it have a smooth bumper cover up front. The rear has obviously been converted to a Euro bumper, too, as all Canadian cars had North American bumpers with the two thick rubber pads.

All North American Turbo S cars were fully optioned with headlight washers and split fold-down rear seats.
The Canadian market cars did not come with side markers on the fenders, but in the usual spot on the bumper cover. I'd put money on that car being a Japanese import with the original bumpers.

As a data point, my Canadian market silver rose 951S has headlight washers and split rear seats. The front seats were plaid with leather bolsters.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:14 PM
ried
Racer

Originally Posted by JustinL
The Canadian market cars did not come with side markers on the fenders, but in the usual spot on the bumper cover. I'd put money on that car being a Japanese import with the original bumpers.

As a data point, my Canadian market silver rose 951S has headlight washers and split rear seats. The front seats were plaid with leather bolsters.
This is correct. Brain fart on my part. Thanks for the correction.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:07 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Not really sure on the fascination over Silver Rose cars personally. Guess I'm in the minority?
Old 10-31-2017, 01:06 PM
ried
Racer

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Not really sure on the fascination over Silver Rose cars personally. Guess I'm in the minority?
Same. It's actually the least desirable color scheme of all the Turbo S cars. That's interior is godawful, IMHO. Still, it is a Turbo S and there was significant cachet to the Silver Rose hype back in the day.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:40 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's just because the silver rose had all the options on the chassis as well as the other "S" bolt on options like the suspension and transaxle. It has ABS and the mounting locations for the pump inside the passenger front fender behind the wheel, the split rear seat set up and three point rear seat belts so it had the mounting points for them, the 10 way speaker set up for the rear speakers(talking only chassis), front chassis support bracket. And of course for bolt on's it has all the M030 options, AOR transaxle, dual airbag, bigger turbo, there's a bit to list but you'll get my point. And yes it is an ugly interior, I'm not a fan of the exterior color also. But it can be painted...

Quick Reply: Does this Silver Rose belong to anyone here?