Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

10 Year Anniversary

Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts
Default 10 Year Anniversary

It's been 10 years to the day since I picked up my 951. It's been a truly faultless car and has taken all of the modifications we've done to it without issue - mostly thanks to rennlister Eniac's Autocore Performance Group and his incredible competency with the 951 model.

I've driven it sparingly though definitely enough to enjoy - it's my perfect vision of a 951. I can't see myself ever selling it.

Here's a couple of pictures from the day I collected it followed by a few from when it won the local PCA concours and a few interior pictures after the leather bath.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:58 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts

Wow. Who did your door panels (or were those stock on the car / full leather or whatever it's called)? They look exceptional.
Old 10-07-2017, 04:57 PM
PF
Rennlist Member

Received 364 Likes on 182 Posts

That car of yours is a true dream! Love the workmanship and thought put into it. I once owned one of the last 951:s sold. A very late- 91 car that was used by the factory before being sold to a customer in -92. It had some of the best options I have ever seen on a 951. One was a factory full leather interior. Yours look very much like it!.
Beutiful!
Old 10-08-2017, 10:01 AM
OzJustin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nurburger your car has always been one of my favourites on Rennlist. An absolutely stunning example!
Old 10-08-2017, 11:55 AM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Nurburger - I just found this thread. What rims were those that originally came with your car? They look to be late offset wheels, but with nice fat lips. I didn't think that was possible with late offset wheels. Are you selling them? Those wheels remind me of the factory cup 2 wheels which I have and love.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:43 PM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

This is one of the cars, that made me buy a 951.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:19 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done sir!
Old 10-08-2017, 05:58 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

One of my favorites, absolutely gorgeous.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:30 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the generous compliments - high praise considering the levels of some of your 951's.

Originally Posted by Nashvegas
Wow. Who did your door panels (or were those stock on the car / full leather or whatever it's called)? They look exceptional.
Rod Klinghoffer (cutting & sewing) & Bob Budd (install) at Classic 9 Leather Shop. I had a great experience with them & they carried out every request I had - including thinning the leather to trim the interior door openers. My car was originally ordered with the 'full leather sport seats' option, so the entire front/rear seats are leather instead of vinyl.

Originally Posted by PF
That car of yours is a true dream! Love the workmanship and thought put into it. I once owned one of the last 951:s sold. A very late- 91 car that was used by the factory before being sold to a customer in -92. It had some of the best options I have ever seen on a 951. One was a factory full leather interior. Yours look very much like it!.
Beutiful!
Thank you! I believe that the factory full leather option included the lower dash, main door panel & center console but not the upper dash or door tops. I wanted everything covered....

Originally Posted by sm
Nurburger - I just found this thread. What rims were those that originally came with your car? They look to be late offset wheels, but with nice fat lips. I didn't think that was possible with late offset wheels. Are you selling them? Those wheels remind me of the factory cup 2 wheels which I have and love.
Those were Antera 309 wheels that came with the car when I bought it - sold them long ago. The convex curve of the spokes allows for a wider lip for the late offsets. They were nice wheels but when I installed the Ruf modular's that are on it now I knew I'd never put the Antera's back on. The Ruf's are the sweet spot for me & I've never seen another 951 with them.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:41 PM
grgallo
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Thanks for the generous compliments - high praise considering the levels of some of your 951's.

Rod Klinghoffer (cutting & sewing) & Bob Budd (install) at Classic 9 Leather Shop. I had a great experience with them & they carried out every request I had - including thinning the leather to trim the interior door openers. My car was originally ordered with the 'full leather sport seats' option, so the entire front/rear seats are leather instead of vinyl.

Thank you! I believe that the factory full leather option included the lower dash, main door panel & center console but not the upper dash or door tops. I wanted everything covered....

Those were Antera 309 wheels that came with the car when I bought it - sold them long ago. The convex curve of the spokes allows for a wider lip for the late offsets. They were nice wheels but when I installed the Ruf modular's that are on it now I knew I'd never put the Antera's back on. The Ruf's are the sweet spot for me & I've never seen another 951 with them.
beautiful, thanks for posting, tell us more, color?, year?, engine mods?, I see a change of mirrors, the rear wing is? and you have a battery cover, I've been told there is no battery cover available for my '89
Old 10-10-2017, 10:49 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by grgallo
beautiful, thanks for posting, tell us more, color?, year?, engine mods?, I see a change of mirrors, the rear wing is? and you have a battery cover, I've been told there is no battery cover available for my '89
Thanks - it's an 88', color is Nile Green, rear wing, mirrors and door handles are all 968. Engine modifications include K27, Vitesse, Michael Mount head, SFR 3" (all the way) plus more stuff that I can't remember off the top of my head. The car was also originally ordered with the 5R transmission, which was a nice surprise.

Yes - that battery cover is original to the car & always attracts comments from other 944 owners.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:33 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Such a great example of an unmolested, well cared for 951, I hope to see it again after I retire - next spring.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:55 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disasterman
Such a great example of an unmolested, well cared for 951, I hope to see it again after I retire - next spring.
I'd like to think that I 'groped' my 951 at least somewhat indecently as I'm not a purist, Jim.... Of course, very far from the sordid and relentless molestation you carried out on yours!

Thanks again for the the use of your well equipped 'shop' over the years!

See you in the spring.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:20 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So I am a "951 molester", I can live with that.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:28 AM
potent951turbo
iPod Tamer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also one of my favorites here! It's always been a pleasure seeing pictures of this car over the years. Glad to see you're still enjoying it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10 Year Anniversary