Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Y convert to M030 spindles and brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 03:49 AM
1989_Turbo_944
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Y convert to M030 spindles and brakes?

I was curious why a majority of people convert there 944 Turbo with M030 brakes and spindles?

Couldn't you just upgrade the existing brake setup? Is it an advantage to equip M030 to the 944 Turbo? What does it allow you to do to the car?

Thanks

Timothy

PS I already did a search but i didn't get the answers i wanted.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:35 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

the m030 spindles are rumored to be 'stronger' than the non-m030 ones. more importantly, they have proper radial mount bolt-holes, so the 928S4 brakes and the big reds will bolt right up - with the non-m030 (axial mount) you have to get adapters.

apparently, with the m030 spindles you also have 3-4mm more clearance between the big-red etc rotor and the tie-rod end (i think). some people are worried about heat fatigue in the tie-rod end or something so prefer the m030 spindles.

there's no real reason to pick m030 brakes over big reds or big blacks as far as outright braking performance goes. i don't know, some people feel that the m030 brakes are overkill already compared to the baby brembos, so perhaps others would prefer the m030s to the big-reds.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:52 AM
1989_Turbo_944
Track Day

Well that helps some. But it still leaves me with the question of, should i get them for my car and how much are they?

I currently own a 1989 944 Turbo. I had a chance to get the Turbo S variant but I decided to get the Turbo instead.

I figured that since i will be replacing most of what makes the Turbo S better than the standard turbo.

From what i can tell the Turbo S had larger brakes and a different suspension set up, different wheels.
Does anyone know if there is anything else different about the turbo S? And if you could just take the turbo s components and bolt them onto the turbo and basically make it a turbo S?

IMO i think you could just take the components form the Turbo S and swap them to the Turbo.

I intend ,over the holidays and through spring, to be working on my car. Im currently researching what modifications would be best for me. I'm looking for 400RWHP. Im not quite shure how id go about this exactly. I need to upgrade the turbo, intercooler, piping, BOV, injectors, header, exhaust, probably differential, clutch, upgrade the cooling system, solid lower rad hose(original one collapses at high speeds causing the car to overheat if its on a track)

My question is what components i should use to achieve my goal? What turbo, what header? what exhaust? what BOV? ect.

Please leave a comment if you suggest any particular components and why you chose those ones.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:25 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

your car already has them....

all 89 turbos have the m030 option suspension, just like all the 88 turbo S cars....

Quick Reply: Y convert to M030 spindles and brakes?