Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Those Paying more than what your asking scams.... got one on the hook

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 01:26 PM
'bryan'
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those Paying more than what your asking scams.... got one on the hook

I'm sure you've all heard of the semi recent scam where someone contacts you and offers to pay more than what your asking if you western union the extra to him. What ends up happening is the check bounces and you get screwed for the whole amount. Anyway, I've got some body in email correspondance trying to do this right now. I'm just playing along as I'd like to figure out some way to screw him. Perhaps some type of surveillance software I could remotely send him through email?? Any ideas on catching the bastard would be appreciated.
Old 11-29-2003, 02:14 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably no way to "catch" him if he's in another country. Some others have reported here on Rennlist lately that the FBI has so many of these coming in that they aren't asking for anymore. Contact them and see if they want the info. They can track it if they want to, but without jurisdiction in other countries, they might not be able to "catch" him either. They have many computer people designated to handle this stuff....

My choice would be to send him a trojan that would blow up his computer after a couple of days....just format his hard drive nice and clean.... or maybe one that would get his email addy and email everyone in his address book that says "I'm a scammer, don't believe anything I send you." Anything along those lines would be fun....I'm not a hacker though, so no idea on how to accomplish said ideas.

I think we should hire the hackers so that they don't have to do illegal stuff and let them find the spammers and hack their machines
Old 11-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you're a serious scam hunter, you'll keep that address and use it once you get the bank and routing information from one of the Ebay scammers (that have auctions that you must be 'pre approved' for, usually with rediculous low prices) ~ they'll often provide you with a bank routing number should you ask for it... then forward that info onto the Nigerian scammers and let those 2 play with each other. It's kinda funny getting the emails from both asking WTH is going on with the bank account.. LOL

FWIW, the FBI told me to just delete all the emails associated with the scammers I get. They don't want any more examples of the emails and I kinda got the feeling like I was wasting their time. So, I delete the emails and ignore the obvious scammers.
Old 11-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Blueman33
Pro

what would be cool is if you handed it over to the FBI and they actually nailed him..........

OR if you could figure out a way to Scam the scammer (but likely a decent person like yourself would get in trouble)
Old 11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Blueman33
Pro

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

InternetFraudComplaintCenter IFCC website

Quick Reply: Those Paying more than what your asking scams.... got one on the hook