944 electrics help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 PM
struan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 electrics help please

Hi, I have just got a 1985 ex UK 944.
A couple of things I haven't been able to get sorted yet, so any help will be appreciated.
Electric door mirrors. I can get drivers side to adjust, but can't see any way to switch over to adjust passengers side

Electric Windows, switches on drivers door will not operate the Windows. Passenger side is fine from the switch on that side of car.

Oh and one more thing. We have the pull out luggage area cover, kinda like a roller blind. It is very reluctant to recoil. Currently it is half way back in, or out, depending on your outlook. Is there any adjustment on the spring and how does one do that.
Many thanks.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:49 AM
968workaholic
Pro

Mirrors- There should be a switch on the center console to control which side the mirror button adjusts

Windows - Sounds like the switches are bad. You could try swapping the switches around before ordering new ones to confirm they are bad

Luggage cover - The springs get weak and fail to recoil the cover. Very common issue, I haven't seen any way to adjust the spring tighter, but maybe someone else has come up with a fix.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:16 AM
struan
Advanced

Hi thanks for your help.
Haven't found that mirror switch yet.
Yes I did get to try swapping the window switches around and we have 2 dodgey ones, one good one, and also seem to have lost power supply to drivers door.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:18 AM
jhowell371
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

The switches can disassembled and the contacts cleaned. The mirror switch should be in the console. You might try using a little WD40 on the spring mechanism. I have gotten a lot of things to work again with a shot of WD40. It works wonders to free things up and rejuvenate old dried out grease.

Quick Reply: 944 electrics help please