944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

1991 944 S2 coupe white/black last year sold in USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 AM
boost feen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 1991 944 S2 coupe white/black last year sold in USA

Selling my 1991 Porsche 944 S2 coupe the last year of the 944 the best year with all the little factory improvements just over 500 of these were imported to the USA with obd1 engine memory diagnostic function, rear bridge spoiler like 968 painted white. I am the third owner I purchased it from the second owner 5/2016 with a broken timing belt and proceeded to go through the whole car to sort it out and be able to enjoy it on long trips or weekend back road highway drives. The white exterior in the front has several cosmetic flaws it looks like there was a repainted front end a long time ago that is 7 out of 10, and the previous owner painted a few bad spots with a cheap rattle can.
It has a newer windshield in it that is nice and clear. The black interior is in great shape there is a small cut on the drivers seat bottom and the dash has a few very tiny cracks starting but overall it's very good for its age. 187k original miles, clean title in my name just passed smogged with flying colors. Runs great has lots of power pulls very hard.
In the last 6 months this car has had rebuilt top end and front end of engine 16 valve cylinder head with valve job, resurface, new seals, all checked out great. Fresh top end gasket set wide fire ring head gasket, new cam chain tensioner pads and chain. Sprockets on cams both look great cams timed with dial indicator.
New water pump, belts and rollers. New spark plug wires and plugs, new filters and fresh oil change. New K&N air filter and oem coolant expansion tank.

Tires are 95% new with even tread wear still nice and soft continental 300 treadwear high performance all season mounted on 17" x 8" front and 9" rear racing dynamic wheels that are in good condition paint is a little flawed up close.

Clutch and torque tube/driveshaft were rebuilt and replaced in 2009 from the previous owner and the clutch feels great, transaxle shifts smoothly in all gears.

Cosmetically this 944 S2 is a 7 out of 10 it's a great 10ft car on the outside. A very good daily driver that gets 28 mpg all the power functions inside the car work well like power windows, mirrors, seats, sunroof, ac is cold and heater is hot. Defrost and fan work well, has a new cd stereo with new speakers in stock locations no cutting or hack jobs.

Headlights pop up and down great, fog lights work well all exterior trim is mounted and in good sound condition like lower spoilers and side skirts. Rear wing and trim is all in great shape and mounted well, car has tint all around which looks great no bubbles or speration.

Rear hatch area has great carpet, rear seats are there with seat belts in the back for smaller extra passengers and all spares like space saver spare tire, jack, tool kit, air compressor are there and work.

I'm asking $7,800 obo and will not negotiate over the phone. Please email me if your interested in setting up a time to view/drive the car and we can talk about price at that time. Thank you I'm located in Sonoma CA 95476

Commdiver@sbcglobal.net

Last 3 weeks here has been raining and stormy so I have not had a chance to get her out for some nice pictures but hope these give you an idea of what's for sale. Here is pictures of the work done 6 months ago the piston walls were almost perfect, cams looked excellent and there is no excessive lifter noise or ticks.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Dimi 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a great deal for such car!
Old 02-12-2017, 02:05 PM
jhowell371
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

What Demi said.

Quick Reply: 1991 944 S2 coupe white/black last year sold in USA