944 Car Project on YouTube

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:06 PM
TheSkywayBridge
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 Car Project on YouTube

Hey Rennlist!

I've decided it's time to share my YouTube channel with you all!
I guess the videos are more "Update Logs" as opposed to episodes because of neglect of posting (due to life and politics ^^) anyways,
Welcome to Go Big Garage! Let me know what you think and what direction to take!

The plan is to get it SP2 spec by next spring! Any tips and info is welcome!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:53 AM
AZ520
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty solid looking project! Manual steering rack? Score! Get a fire extinguisher and put fuel hose replacement at the list top. Water pump, T-belt, B-belt need to be done asap if you have no history on them. The engine is the most expensive part to deal with on a 944 and you don't want to have a t-belt or water pump seize up draining you project funds. The engine sounds pretty solid in the video. I would recommend a compression test and leak down test to determine the health of it. It would be a good idea to an oil analysis done also. This would help determine the state of the bearings inside the engine among other things. Pulling the pan is a pretty big job, but its a good idea to check the crank bearings and oil pick-up tube seal and check for cracking, or new tube. Most of these car are very neglected a just need a little love to be great again. The rest or the car is pretty strait forward, cheap and easy to repair. Clarks is one of the great resources among many others, looking forward to more videos!

Quick Reply: 944 Car Project on YouTube