944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944 n/a radio wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 05:59 PM
Angus Shaw
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 n/a radio wiring

Finally after a long road from Baltimore to Tulsa the newest addition to the family is in the garage! I have been planning on getting my 15 year old son a 944 since he was 10 years old and thanks to an amazing young man in Baltimore we have a beauty to tinker with for the upcoming year before the teenager is ready to drive.

I hope to have my posts of our experiences and since everything mechanic is in tip top shape we are starting with cosmetic adjustments.

First up, a new updated stereo system with hands free bluetooth since he won't be texting and driving!

Riddle me this can anyone help us identify a few wires for our 1988 944 n/a? The current head unit and speakers all work great using the acc with both 12v cords and the grounds but I would like to upgrade in the future and have everything labeled and ready to go .

The power cluster * the power currently only works from the acc*

1. big green/white=acc power
2. big brown= x2 ground
3. small red = batter power? currently dead (where does it connect to the battery?)
4. small red/black x 3= ? still in original din adapter
5. slot for missing wire on the end= ?

Additional Wire branch

1. small brown= ?
2. small brown/black = ?

Additional Wire branch (believe this to be an ext amp/eq)

1. small red =?
2. small red/big red= ?
3. big brown= ground

Any help is greatly appreciated as I have done a few searches with some luck but not a complete profile.

Quick Reply: 944 n/a radio wiring