944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944 NA Fuel Injector Leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 06:26 PM
Dezval
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944 NA Fuel Injector Leak

Hi guys, this is my first post here, so... Hello, how is everyone!

I have a fuel injector that started leaking on my 1987 944 NA. I replaced the o-rings and hat on it, I thought that might be the issue, and I switch the injector to another port( in case it springs a leak again I can conclude that it is not the port). And it ran fine for a few days, then it started leaking again. I'm almost certain that it is not the o-rings or the hat on the injector, because they are brand new. I looked into what is done when "rebuilding" a fuel injector and found that there is no such thing as rebuilding an injector because they are one piece, all that is done is they are cleaned and they are flow tested and some other thing(s), I forgot off the top of my head.

I should mention that the leak is near the bottom of the injector because it looks like it overflows fuel out of the port, I am assuming the leak is near the seals or right above it. Most likely near the seals as it didn't leak for a few days after replacing the seals. But, I am no professional. Has anyone experienced this?

So, my question is, should I try my luck again with new o-rings and hats, or should I get another injector, or set of injectors? Used, or new?

Also, would it matter if I get turbo injectors? If I am not running a turbo? I do plan on adding a turbo or a supercharger to my car in the near future, not sure which would be best.

Thank you in advanced guys!

Quick Reply: 944 NA Fuel Injector Leak