944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Getting frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Dchiles08
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting frustrated

Hey new to rennslist and getting desperate. I have a 85.5 944 that I cannot get running. Since I purchased this car I've replaced dme relay, ref sensors, fuel pump, coil, plug wires. As of now it cranks but no fuel getting to the motor I'm getting power to injectors but no power to fuel pump unless I run a jumper on the relay then all I get out of the pump is one clunk and that's it . Anyway any help would be great
Old 08-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Plum
Instructor

Just had an issue with my 85.5 not starting.
Crank sensor issue. Review the information in the link.
http://www.ecudoctors.com/home-porsc...nsor-test.html
Hope it helps.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Dchiles08
8th Gear

I will try but both of those sensors are new
Old 08-27-2015, 11:21 AM
dmjames
Burning Brakes

Not the same car, but from my experience, there can occasionally be value in bench-testing sensors even if they're new. Had a long crank follower by low-power issue on my '99 BMW 528iT that ended up being a problem with a position sensor, then a problem with the replacement I just installed. Super frustrating, but made me reconsider how I approach diagnostics at times!
Old 08-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Humboldtgrin
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow I just wrote a whole list of **** to check and realist deleted it when I posted it!! That's retarded!!!
It's not the crank /red sensors! That deals with fuel injector pulse and voltage to the coil.
Check your power from the positive battery terminal, check grounds. Now I'm irritated at this site for erasing all that I wrote so you can pm me for further questions.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:14 PM
Dchiles08
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Humboldtgrin
Wow I just wrote a whole list of **** to check and realist deleted it when I posted it!! That's retarded!!!
It's not the crank /red sensors! That deals with fuel injector pulse and voltage to the coil.
Check your power from the positive battery terminal, check grounds. Now I'm irritated at this site for erasing all that I wrote so you can pm me for further questions.
I appreciate it I am definItly getting spark so the sensors have to be working as of right now I'm sending my pump back and getting a new one but that still doesn't explain the no power getting to my bump without the jumper
Old 11-19-2015, 04:46 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with Humboldtgrin, I had the same issue. The fuel pump wire that connect to the positive side of my battery was loose. I had to re-crimp the wire and reattach it to the battery. My 84 started right up and i haven't had an issue since.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:15 PM
Dchiles08
8th Gear

Originally Posted by jr10cross
I agree with Humboldtgrin, I had the same issue. The fuel pump wire that connect to the positive side of my battery was loose. I had to re-crimp the wire and reattach it to the battery. My 84 started right up and i haven't had an issue since.
I finally got it running it was just a bad "new" fuel pump got it running smooth now! Thanks for all the suggestions
Old 11-20-2015, 03:49 PM
jr10cross
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dchiles08
I finally got it running it was just a bad "new" fuel pump got it running smooth now! Thanks for all the suggestions
I hate when new parts fail. I had the same issue with a brand new coil pack on my s60R. Drove me crazy for weeks until I found out it was the new part that was defective. Cheers mate!

Quick Reply: Getting frustrated