Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Exhaust Replacement

Old 01-28-2002, 08:49 PM
ssorge
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Replacement

My stock exhaust is at the end of its life and I am interested in installing an aftermarket upgraded exhaust.

I have checked out Huntley racing and Speed Force Racing. Anyone have experience with them or others?

My mechanic still thinks we can put one together ourselves that would work...but I rather get something proven.

Any comments on performance and costs are appreciated.

S.
1989 944 S2 Cab
Old 01-29-2002, 09:43 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
I replaced mine with a Bursch muffler. I have a set of MSDS headers that haven't gone on yet and am contemplating a straight pipe. The muffler is great, has a slightly throatier tone. The only odd thing was that for the first couple hundred miles, I got an odd odor from the exhaust. I don't know if it was some kind of residue in the unit, but it must have burned off because I don't smell it anymore.
Old 01-30-2002, 02:03 PM
JGriff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by ssorge:
<strong>My stock exhaust is at the end of its life and I am interested in installing an aftermarket upgraded exhaust.

I have checked out Huntley racing and Speed Force Racing. Anyone have experience with them or others?

My mechanic still thinks we can put one together ourselves that would work...but I rather get something proven.

Any comments on performance and costs are appreciated.

S.
1989 944 S2 Cab</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've heard that B&B Triflo sells one for the S2. I think that it is a cat-back system, and that it costs about $800-$900.

I hope that helps.

Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust Replacement