Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

H-4 headlight opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 06:38 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom, Sorry I didn't receive it. I have been having a horrible time with my MSN ISP and seem to receive e-mail on a random basis, I now suspect I don't receive most.

Try and send again and let's see what happens. And drop me a private note to my Rennlist mail box, just to make sure and I will get back to you tonight.

I have to switch ISPs, because this is unacceptable missing all these messages.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Zermatt944
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Iceshark for the headlight info. I did in fact see your discussion about this very topic after I posted this. But the additional info has been helpful. It was interesting to learn that the stock system doesn't use a relay. Although I don't like to cut up stock things like wiring, relays for the headlights would really be a good idea.
Old 01-31-2002, 02:52 PM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zermatt, you are welcome.

This headlight kit I am proposing wouldn't cut up the stock wiring at all. It would be plug and play using the existing wiring and plugs to operate relays on and off, in a seperate headlight subsystem. So the entire headlight load is removed from the stock electrical system (outside of a couple watts to switch the relays). Besides much better lighting results, the rest of the car's electrics/voltage are improved because they are not competing with the lights out of the fuse/relay board.

Quick Reply: H-4 headlight opinions