944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944S2 cab:

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Babak
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 944S2 cab:

OK, my Cab top quits working (it is now in closed position), so I do the usual stuff, clean and then change the switch to no avail. When I hit "close" the windows go down as they normally would before the roof starts closing. This happens (and happened) even if the roof was closed (normal operation.) But the roof will not lift open. Prior to this it would intermittently do this but after wiggling the switch it would work. But I changed the switch and it still persists, any thoughts/advice?
Old 04-11-2002, 06:48 PM
adrian jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok a few thing's, you are following the right procedure ??

to open

1) open levers using the 2 keys
2) put ignition in pos 1 ONLY
3) make sure that the roof is slighly open by hand and that the 2 silver pins are clear of the roof connections
4) press button

assuming that's coorect, do you have the same problem closing as well as opening ?

can you hear the motors wirring ??

I#'ve got the wiring diagram somewhenr so if you can get a digital voltmeter I can tell you what you should get and where

is the switch properly fitted ?? all connections ok

also check ( I can't remember the numbers) the fuses and relays which power and control the roof, think it is 1 fuse and one relay (g50) I think, check the fuse cover under the bonnet for the correct numbers, try taking them out cleaning and refitting.

get back to me with the relevant info and I'll see if I can help you further

Adrian

Quick Reply: 944S2 cab: