Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Completed 944 n/a mods

Old 02-19-2002, 07:11 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 45 Posts
Post Completed 944 n/a mods

So I have had a set of MSDS headers sitting in my apartment for two months. Last weekend I finally got around to having them installed, marking the completion of my first wave of modifications. Below is everything:
MSDS Headers
MSD Ignitiion
Bursch Exhaust
Autothority Chip
Throttle Cam
MSDS Air Intake
Koni Sports
Redline Rollbar
Wires, plugs, etc.

The overall outcome is GREAT! Thecar runs much smoother, idles much smoother, accelerates quicker, and revs more freely. I drove out to Detroit from Chicago yesterday and was cruising with a late-model 300ZX n/a. Keep in mind this is roughly a 190hp v6 and this guy couldn't get away from me. At low speeds the car is still no turbo, but it is A LOT more fun to drive. The last things I am thinking about doing (for now) are big-bore throttle body and an adjustable fuel regulator. Does anyone have any experience with either?

Thanks...
Old 04-11-2002, 04:30 PM
944mo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man sounds good. I was just wondering if your 944 was just the standard. I'm looking to mod mine, which is an 85L (Late Model) 944 8 valve. Sounds like you got a lot out of yours..Enjoy!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 161 Posts
Stop tempting me to head down the slippery slope of car modifications.

Must resist the urge...
Must resist the urge...
Must resist the urge...

Somebody help me!

Keep the shiny side up,
Old 04-12-2002, 11:50 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

It is a tough urge to fight (but then again why fight it if it makes you feel good?) Anyways, I think I have about satisfied my need to turn twist a wrench. The only thing I want now is to have my throttle body bored out.

BTW: Don't get me wrong... these haven't changed my 8v n/a into a turbo fighter by any means. But it has improved the overall performance enough to make me happy.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 161 Posts
That baby should cook at Blackhawk. Mine has been dismantled for a bit. Hopefully back on the road this weekend. Hope to hook up at a beer night. Did you go and meet the crowd?

Keep the shiny side up,
Old 04-13-2002, 11:45 PM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Dave... I couldn't actually get there and ofcourse I am back on the road again next week. I only hope my travel schedule doesn't preclude me from getting to autox and DE which I am already signed up for. Looks as though I will have to meet everyone at those events. I'll be the black N/A with #363.

Rob
Old 04-16-2002, 12:28 AM
Noah S.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob,

What do you think of the Bursch exhaust? I'm trying to decide between either a cat-back Bursch or B&B Tri-flow setup. What's it sound like? How much do you feel it helped out with performance? How was the instalation? Thanks for your help!
Old 04-16-2002, 10:13 AM
SGOGT4
Rennlist Member

Install was pretty easy, I had to heat up the nuts and bolts with a torch to free up the rust but other than that it wast easy. I really like the sound of the bursch and best of all it's cheap. The tri-flo is going to be atleast double the price. I am going to take some pics of the car next week when I get home and I'll post them so you can see what it looks like installed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Completed 944 n/a mods