2) Some safety features mey not work
3) This is independant of TIPEC or PORSCHE

ok,
Parts required
1) Wire, 7A or better
2) Fuse & fuse holder 5A
3) Chocholate strip or crimp connecter 7A

here we go:
1) You need to find a Live feed, either from the ignition on or Permanent on. (I used the feed going to my stereo - which has a switch already wired via it - long story)

2) Remove the stereo, the container underneath it and ashtray in console.

3) Undo the 4 screw's holding the console/gearstick panel and lift up as far as you can.

4) I also removed the gearstick so I could completely work on the switch, if you think you could do the rest of the procedure without doing this, then fine.

5) Remove the connector from the bottom of the hood switch.

6) Identify pin 2 (this is marked) and leaving as much length from the pin back (about 2"-3") cut this cable (Blue/Black)

7) Tape up the rest of the wire loom so that other part of the blue/black cable can't ground against anything.

8) Take you live feed and using either a crimp or chocolate strip, wire in the fuse holder and take the output of the fuse holder and make another connection to the blue/black cable going to the switch.

9) In true Haynes style re-fitting is reverse of removal ! (but test it all out before).

10) Now you can lower and raise the roof with the engine running.

Warning !!!!

1) You MUST make sure that you don't attempt to lower the roof inadvertantly with it locked, (as this has now been bypassed as well) you will "****" the motor.

2) IF you have taken the feed from a permanent feed when closing the roof (with the windows fully up) you must lower the windows a bit otherwise it will foul. HOWEVER if you are doing this with the key in pos.1 or engine running the windows will go down automatically as before.

3) If you can wire a switch in between the fuse and mount it near to you. This will stop your passenger accidentally pressing the button to lower the roof with the lock on.

4) Also if your working on the car yourself or sending it away, pulling the Fuse which controls the hood and/or the G21 relay will stop any accidents.

5) Don't forget to let the lext owner about the mod !

Epilogue.
I've used chocholate strips so I can put the car back to normal with the minimal of fuss. Also so I can work out later to wire the live feed through the W/screen frame switches. If anyone can tell me were I can get easy access to the CONNECTION LOCKING SWITCH plug or the CONNECTION ELECTRIC TOP plug T20, let me know !

Any improvements to this let me kno

Quick Reply: S2 CAB defeat - FIXED