944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Much Joy @ Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 06:59 PM
Mark Parker
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Much Joy @ Climate Control

This is a story of joy and stupidity,,,but mostly joy. After getting my hands on Mitchell On Demand, the CD version, and finding the Climate Control connector (behind the dash near the top of the console) I determined that there was no power available at the wire from fuse 17. Sooo, even though I had probed the fuse on both sides several times and found current on both legs, I now went to remove it in order to put an ohmeter lead in the socket and try to find where the wire was open. When I pulled it out, one leg stayed in fuse box, and one in the fuse body. Being an astute electrical diagnostician I knew right away that this was not proper! After rummaging through my box of loose fuses and finding no 7.5 amp, I tried a 5 and ,,wonder of wonders,,,,CLIMATE CONTROL!!! I should have known better than not to pull the fuse and have a look at it,,,but hey,,, it was late,,er the sun was in my eyes,,yeah,, that's it. Anyway, thanks to all who responded to my posts. Hopefully I can return the favor someday and "help a brother out" as they say here in my 'hood.

Quick Reply: Much Joy @ Climate Control