Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

airbag light stays on, how to reset?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Bono
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1989 944S2 Airbag Reset: I just wanted to pass this info. along to anyone else that has a reason to reset their dash airbag fault/warning light. I took my steering wheel/airbag off to remove the instrument cluster so I could put in new light bulbs. When I put it all bag together, no surprise, the air bag light had to be reset. The procedure on "clark's garage", using the middle pin of the white molex plug worked for my car, but I had to take it to a pro to actually get it done. He had me hold my phone/stopwatch, while he executed the procedure at 5 second intervals. I'm not talking 6 seconds or 5.5 seconds or 4.5 seconds, but 5 seconds on the nose. I couldn't believe it took this much accuracy. It took this pro 2 tries .. the first time he tried to count off himself and it didn't work. So if you are struggling with this, make sure you are spot on 5 seconds..
Old 09-18-2022, 09:58 PM
bobinnova
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this is an old post but for those who have trouble finding the Molex connector, mine was hiding just above the DME. I didn't find it until moving the top of the carpet in the footwell and removing the wood board behind that. Once I did that, it was right there just above the DME. The reset process was simple and only took a couple of tries using the reset tool as outlined in Clark's Garage.

Quick Reply: airbag light stays on, how to reset?