Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

What is this splendid S2 on eBay really worth?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this splendid S2 on eBay really worth?

Can't say I'm seriously in the market, but after checking KBB and Edmunds (are these accurate for these cars?), I'm now thinking of selling my old '86 GTI/first car and 'trading up' if I can get the wife approval factor. Which has already been tested/drained when I picked up an '02 Audi S8 a year ago. Not sure if reserves have recharged yet to deplete again...

This black/black S2 on eBay didn't sell at the $11k asking price (looks original with Turbo wheels, great shape, clean title, 148k ODO). I know the whole 'it is worth whatever someone pays for it', but that's not helpful. What do you think a reasonable price is for this one? TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

edit: sorry, I posted this in the technical area by accident... mods are welcome to relocate to the general 944 area...

Last edited by Sentinelist; 08-23-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: being a n00b
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 PM
ScottOgle
Instructor

Hard to say...maybe $6K plus since it had all the recent service done to it. I did buy and S2 off of Ebay two years ago and paid $11K...but it had 44K miles on it and was/is pristine (met both prior owners, really nice guys)...that was the high end for a car like that according to Excellence.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Sentinelist
Pro

Ok thanks, neighbor.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sentinelist
Can't say I'm seriously in the market, but after checking KBB and Edmunds (are these accurate for these cars?), I'm now thinking of selling my old '86 GTI/first car and 'trading up' if I can get the wife approval factor. Which has already been tested/drained when I picked up an '02 Audi S8 a year ago. Not sure if reserves have recharged yet to deplete again...

This black/black S2 on eBay didn't sell at the $11k asking price (looks original with Turbo wheels, great shape, clean title, 148k ODO). I know the whole 'it is worth whatever someone pays for it', but that's not helpful. What do you think a reasonable price is for this one? TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

edit: sorry, I posted this in the technical area by accident... mods are welcome to relocate to the general 944 area...
I would offer 4-5k based on it's condition..in today's market it's not worth $11k

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1913865270.html

The SFBay car is what I would consider based on condition to be worth 8-9k

You can buy a very nice 968 for 11k you will have to really search hard for it but it's doable..

-BB

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is this splendid S2 on eBay really worth?