1987 944 For Sale Northern Virginia $2,000 Best Offer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 06:57 PM
bdodd444
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 944 For Sale Northern Virginia $2,000 Best Offer

Hi,

My 944 is on Craigslist and I thought I would post it here in case anyone is interested. The craigslist link is below and there are some photos. Here is the text of my ad:

I am selling a 1987 Porsche 944 that has been in my family since 1990. The mileage is uncertain, the odometer stopped at 149K, and was never replaced. I would estimate the car has about 200-220K miles. It is in excellent running condition, and I am basically asking for what I have put in maintenance and repairs recently. It is a sharp looking car and makes a great second car for running around town. My wife is having a baby, and I simply don't have the time to devote to it. In the interest of full disclosure here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
Excellent running condition, completely reviewed by mechanic in January
New timing belt and all belts
New tuneup (January)
Passed both inspection and emmisions in Virginia in January
Recently replaced interior carpet
Most of the paint is in excellent condition
Recently tested Alternator checked fine.

Cons:
Small dent in the front left. This can be either repaired or covered with a bra.
Faded paint in the left rear quarter panel (could probably buff up, but I haven't tried)
Leaks small amount of oil (so small, I don't have to add oil), but keeps pressure and mechanic was not concerned.
Small paint chip around sunroof
Sunroof doesn't open
Fuse 11 is blown which controls sunroof, cirgarette lighter and rear wiper (the rear wiper switch is stuck in the on position and I believe this is the cause).
There is a slow battery drain that is not noticeable if you drive it frequently. Otherwise, I keep it on a float charger (included).

If you have any questions or would like to test drive or have your mechanic examine it, please email to via the craigslist link below. I will entertain all reasonable offers.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...897093779.html

Quick Reply: 1987 944 For Sale Northern Virginia $2,000 Best Offer