944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Gas Leak and Fire! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 02:29 PM
bbrandon567
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Leak and Fire! Help!

So lately I've been having a weird oil smell (so i thought) it turned out to be a gas drip. I was heading to work and got 2 minutes down the road before i got onto the interstate and i had a little kick back at the light when i started again in first gear. and when i got to the second light i saw a little bit of white smoke coming out from under my hood. i pulled over an pretty much my insulation was on flames and was drippig everywhere. the fire wasnt too bad however i just blew it out.

i called my dad and he came and we saw that it was the fuel level sending unit closer to the front, i want to saw by the 4th manifold head?, but the one closer to the front of the car was dripping gas and flamed up again when my dad was looking at it and asked me to start the car up again. We tightened all the bolts and such and i thought the car was fixed, but this morning i checked on it and its leaking even more than yesterday. i have a feeling that the rubber hose is just a loose hose, so if i clamp it off will it cause n e more damage? please if you can send an email to bbrandon567@aim.com its hard for me to track my posts. i bookmarked th page though so hopefully it wont be too bad.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:26 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

BBrandon what year and type is the car. It sounds like you need new fuel hoses.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:15 PM
bbrandon567
Track Day

i found out that my fuel pressure damper was leaking. im going to change the attaching hoses on it. hopefully that fixes the problem. im just lucky that i caught it before it got too bad.

Quick Reply: Gas Leak and Fire! Help!