Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

My perfect 944 S2 Cabriolet is for sale, snif, sob...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts
Default My perfect 944 S2 Cabriolet is for sale, snif, sob...

Ok gang, my very cherry, very spiffy, garaged, 94,000 original miles, 944 S2 Cabriolet is for sale. Have many records. All work is two years old by Powertech in NJ: replaced top (has original boot), repainted the plastic trunk surround, did a basic once-over on all the mechanicals, belts, hoses, and all fluids, fixed some nits too. Replaced brake pads in 2009. Car is in GREAT shape as you can see from the photos. The wheels are perfect. Kuhmo tires still have lots of life. Engine runs perfect. A/C is cold. Sport Seats are rare and perfect too. Dash is mint; not a single belemish of crack. Entire interior is mint. Engine bay is sweet and clean. Engine runs cool even in Georgia heat; temp pegs at first mark. A few stone chips on the front valance are the only issues. No dents or dings. Body is beautiful. I will MISS THIS CAR! But, my daughter is a SR. in HS and she needs her own vehicle, so I must sell my baby (so I can keep the Black Car in the avatar) I need $16,500 for this rare and beautiful wonder. (Yes I can send a photo of the top up later...)

Last edited by Papamurphdog; 12-29-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Ok, since no one responded...what is the right price for my Red Cab?? --RM
Old 09-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not saying this care compares to yours, but...since you asked, here's a comparo.

http://www.carthink.net/inventory/Au...CB2948MN440453

In case that link doesn't work.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think to actually sell the car, it needs to be in the $10-12K "asking" price range. Saying you "need" $16,5 tells a buyer there is no room to haggle and that you might be out of touch with actual transaction prices. Lots of competition out there at $16,5.. Porsches alone would be 911s, Boxsters, 944s (all of them); even high mileage 996s are getting into the upper teens. I would also re-shoot the car. It looks "hazy" like there was some vaseline on the camera lens. Sharp contrast photos will help the car look sharper..and more vibrant.

In another apples/orange 944 comparison, I saw a 26K mile example 944S2 coupe, in darn near excellent shape, sell for $16K. (but that seller started out asking $19K!!!)

Why can't your daughter just use the 944?

Selling a convertible in the fall isn't easy either.. folks think of spring as the time to get a convertible. If you think you car deserves the price you want, then you will just need to wait. It took me nearly a year to sell the 914 in the avatar.. but I did get my price.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Papamurphdog
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments gang. All well thought and much appreciated. Going to put it up on ebay in a day or so. Will try to reshoot as suggested. Actuall wish it was clean today as it is friggin beautiful here in ATL today.

Quick Reply: My perfect 944 S2 Cabriolet is for sale, snif, sob...