Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Oil Pressure Problem!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Whelan_Fast44
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Oil Pressure Problem!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

My oil Filter came loose after oil change. had to re tighten it. that night my car starts "Tapping" in the valves and oil pressure reads 0.. Re installed OPRV and alligned it. changed oil filter again. No oil pressure. am thinking I need to re prime the oil pump. think that when the oil filter came loose it allowed the oil pump to suck air into it and lost it's "Prime"... does this sound right to anyone else?? should I pull off the oil pump and pack it with vasoline to re prime it? I need to know the direction to turn my crank bolt to loosen it. I NEED my Car!!! PLEASE HELP, Daily Driver to work. Cannot drive it like it is. Do Not want to ruin my motor. ~Jeremy
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
P944
Advanced

Hi Jeremy, did you fix your oil pressure problem? Did your OPRV have the small O-ring at the end? If not, it's possible that it's blocking a small oil passage in the engine... To re-prime the oil pump, I would disconnect the gas pump relay the the DME relay and have the starter do the job until you see some movement on your oil pressure gauge.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:41 PM
P944
Advanced

Taking the plugs out would help...

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Problem!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!