944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

S2 problems....need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:26 AM
1QUICKS2
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2 problems....need advice.

Ok I have an 89 S2 and their is a few things that I need help/advice on... one is that I have a pretty bad oil leak and I am pretty sure it is coming from the oil pressure switch..and it dosen't read oil pressure so I need to replace that anyway...so where is the best place to get that and how involved is it to install...next the motor mounts on this car are bad...is there 2 or just one, and if two then should I replace both or is one more common to have problems then the other....also tranny mount...should I go with a solid or an OEM? Ok last shew...it blows hot air all the time...no matter what you set the temp. on...so is that a common problem or whats up? Thanks in advance, Jared.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:23 AM
r1moto
Instructor

there are two motor mounts, if your gonna change one its best to do both since you have to loosen the second when changing one to get the new one in, so you might as well do both, i have no experiance with a solid transmission mount, but i too was thinking of getting one, i assume there would be more noise in the cabin.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:39 PM
runnin' on empty
Advanced

The oil pressure sensor (switch) may just need tightening; make certain that it has the aluminum washer on it; and that may cure your leak. If not many of the sponsors here at Rennlist will have that part in stock or try eBay.

Check to see if the two wires are attached or that would be a reason the dash gauge isn't working; if attached try switching the terminals that the wires are attached to; since if they are not attached correctly the dash gauge will just peg (high I believe) and never register true pressure. See "Clarks' Garage" http://www.clarks-garage.com/ for replacement procedure.

Also, while on the website check the procedure for the dreaded 'heater control clip failure' and it's straight forward replacement. The parts are inexpensive and it will undoubtedly cure your sauna situation; yes it's a common problem. Good Luck
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 PM
1QUICKS2
Track Day

Thanks alot...you have been alot of help! Jared.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Andriko
Advanced

Check the gear box monut aswell as they go and cause vribration and juddering when reversing, mine got changed at 70k but it was shot at 64k.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:49 PM
cortez
Intermediate

I'd really get on those motor mounts. I was under the impression that bad mounts can cause the engine to pitch back in the engine bay. The worry would be, at WOT, the induction sustem could pop loose causing the engine's computer to run full lean and possibly risk expen$ive engine damage. I don't recall where I learned that [maybe at a PCA event or something], so if anyone can be more specific about this risk, please share.

Also, after I had mine replaced, I felt better throttle response [less torque loss due to the engine listing under load???].
Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 PM
jim944s2
Racer

Mine had the heater stuck on when I got it, if you look up under the dash near the steering wheel you'll likely see a small dangling bar that looks like half a bike spoke. It opens and closes the flap that allows warm air through, and when the little plastic/nylon clip is broken it just stays open. Contact Zims www.allzim.com if that looks like your problem, they have the part (my dealer couldn't even figure out what part it is) and the updated 'overclip' that strengthens the main clip, they're cheap too. To put it on, you just move the heater control to cold, close the flap by moving the bar and snap everything together (if I remember correctly). Half the clip is probably still on the 'servo', and the part of the bar the looks threaded is where the clip goes onto that bar. -How come you're worried about this in winter?, I didn't care about mine until summertime!
Old 12-15-2004, 09:09 PM
1QUICKS2
Track Day

Well it always blows really hot air and sometimes during the day the heat is just too much even if it is cold out side....ahh I am the kinda person that stuff like that bothers me...I want everything to work just right all the time no matter what..but thanks for the advice...also no matter if I turn the blower control **** all the way to 0 it still blows air out the vents...not alot but some...is thats normal?
Old 12-16-2004, 01:09 AM
livewirevoodoo
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1QUICKS2
I want everything to work just right all the time no matter what..
i was like that too... now i just try to fix more than i break
Old 12-16-2004, 02:13 PM
culture
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUICKS2
Well it always blows really hot air and sometimes during the day the heat is just too much even if it is cold out side....ahh I am the kinda person that stuff like that bothers me...I want everything to work just right all the time no matter what..but thanks for the advice...also no matter if I turn the blower control **** all the way to 0 it still blows air out the vents...not alot but some...is thats normal?
yes. this is normal.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 PM
1QUICKS2
Track Day

Alright good deal...thanks.

Quick Reply: S2 problems....need advice.