944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Light Gray or Linen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 PM
panzer grey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light Gray or Linen?

I'm sorry, but the interior of my 944 is ANYTHING but 'light gray'.

I'm convinced that either Stuttgart made a 'linen' interior for the 85.5 or the color was misnamed 'light gray'...or 'light grey' if you prefer.

I attempted to order an interior piece....the one that fits over the seat hinges....and the person I ordered from was adamant that my interior could only be 'light gray'.

Well, the piece arrives and it doesn't match one bit. It looks like a 'light gray' trim piece on a linen colored seat.

When I complained, the place that sold it to me responded 'your interior must have lightened with age due to sun-bleaching'.

For one, my baby has been garaged for most of it's life....and secondly, light grey plastic does not typically turn cream colored from sun-bleaching....if anything, it would turn lighter...not darker.

You tell me.....pictures can lie.....but does this look like anything in the 'gray' family ?
Attached Images  
Old 06-13-2004, 06:49 AM
flamingeye
Instructor

Linen definately.
Mine below
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2004, 05:24 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

photo's can be very decieving !
Old 06-16-2004, 09:15 PM
rsrdan
Racer

Call it what you want,....it's still the best looking interior!!

I needed a console lid,and what it said on the box from porsche was "bone"..........................I said bone!!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:35 AM
flamingeye
Instructor

Under where my rear seat belt rests there is maybe what the original colour was before fading. Still not grey. I like 'bone' it is a bit more descriptive of the colour, and a bit more dare I say macho than 'linen', a colour really doesn't spring to mind either.
Without straying from the thread too much, my car colour is known as Baltic Blue, whereas I believe State side it's known as...Dove Blue. Sweet!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Light Gray or Linen?