944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

I miss my baby... help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Freeker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I miss my baby... help please.

If anyone remembers me they know that I sold my 84 944. When I sold it my mother said I could get a sport bike after.. guess what, she changed her mind AFTER I SOLD MY LITTLE GIRL! I am now royaly screwed up the *** pardon my french. After scewing up and buying a 89 300zx in sucky condition ( Yes I am a dumbass for buyinga car at night and on the impulse)
I only have about 3 grand to get a car in the usa.... the people here are the only ones I trust to help me since alot of you are more mature and smarter than me so I would like to ask you for your help on what I should get.

I basically want a sporty little car with some get up and go not really faster than my porsche but a little quicker on the 0-60 sprint. But mainly I miss the handling of my baby. I would like a light car, lighter than the 944. That handles well.

I was thinking about a older VW GTI. Also I was looking at a 97 saturn sc2 which is light as hell but those tires hold it back big time I was wondering what it could pull with some more sticky on the road.

Anyways If any of you remember stupid irresponsible me Please help me decide what to get! Not just out of those 2 but anything that handles well.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:46 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

GTI's are good. I used to have a 1990 CRX-Si that was a lot of fun also.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Freeker
Intermediate

Ok look at this!

This idiots says he is putting 'performance' before handling? WTF?? Sorry but I had to share this, it just cracks me up.

1991 Honda CRX Si

Car Style : coupe, 2 dr
Drivetrain : 1.6 DOHC (zc engine) 130 hp
Mileage : 137K
Approximate Cost : 3,000-5,000
Gas Mileage : 35
Modifications : aem cold air intake, pace setter exhaust, 1988 Acura Integra ECU
Problems : need better programmed ecu, will get in future

Acceleration : I've raced the car with a best of 15.9 in the quarter. I have a hard time hooking
up at the start and as soon as I get around 5000 rpm the car really takes off to
it's 7100 redline.

Handling : I handling is good, but there's room for improvement. The extra weight of the
DOHC engine(I think 30lbs) didn't it any better. I will work on performance
before handling.

Braking : The brakes are awesome. I have cross drilled disk brakes with carbon metallic
pads on all four wheels.

Comfort : Can't get any more comfortable in a crx. Also, I'm 6'2".

Drawbacks : A lot of miles which carry a bunch of dings on it from previous owner, but
runs strong.

Rating : Don Jacot from Pennsylvania says four out of five
Old 06-11-2004, 07:22 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Um lighter than 2700lbs or whatever the 944 is....um....well....uh the 1965 mustang came in under 2500lbs lol ....otherwise you might get lucky with a little ricer. Why is light weight so important to you? With 3 grand, i personally would go buy an old 5.0 At least the torque will put you back in your seat.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Freeker
Intermediate

Well I want a light weight car with a good lateral hold to whip around sharp corners other than that I just want a agile machine.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:30 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

i think a moped is pretty agile.

Quick Reply: I miss my baby... help please.