Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Quick help: Where to get 951 control arm ball joints?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 11:02 AM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick help: Where to get 951 control arm ball joints?

I have some slop in front conrol arm balljoint. I got the KLA ball joint kit which has the plastic inserts and rubber coverings and tore into my car last night. Finally dug out what looks like an all metal encased sealed unit that doesnt look like anything I can disassemble. It has about 2 mm of play and obviously worn even though I just recently bought the arm as a rebuilt 10k miles ago.

So where can I get the sealed variety balljoint (as it appears there's 2 different kinds) instead of buying another arm since I already have it torn apart.

Quick response appreciated - getting ready for a long trip. Thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are not looking at a stock unit. Your's has been rebuilt before. The thing is that some of the shops would use a 924 unit in a shell to shim it up. The bad thing is that it has a smaller ball and shaft so is more prone to pulling out or breaking off. Not good.

If you dry fit the KLA parts I believe you will find these should drop right into the existing socket on your arms. The down side is that you now have to order the correct ball/pin from KLA and wait for delivery. Either that, or buy new factory arms.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:51 PM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contact Travis @ www.rennbay.com he's on the main watercooler forum quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Quick help: Where to get 951 control arm ball joints?