jay_944
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool HELLO! Personal Introduction

Introducing myself

Topics: personal and project introduction

Length: short

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

My name is Jacob; I have an ’84 944 that I have driven a total of 4.9 miles in the past 8 years of owning it. YES, you read that correctly: 4.9 miles in 8 years. I was 16 years old when it was given to me as a gift on my birthday. I am not one of these owners who is looking to “put a wing on it,” or “max out the power on a budget.”

I think that I understand quite a bit about these cars, I have probably logged at least 100+ hours into working on this car both before and after the fateful day that left me on the side of the road. I don't want or mean to come off as ignorant or cocky, I will take any advice I'm given because there are A LOT of people with way more experience than I. I will include a link so that those interested can read the story and maybe help figure out what in the heck happened. Anyways I have been scouring Rennlist for quite some time now, I have had the motor out of the car already.

At this point in the project, she’s already undergone a full reseal (including the infamous oil cooler gasket from what I've read), new clutch kit, etc. I can go further into detail with another post. I don’t want anyone to lose interest or feel as though they are wasting their time reading so I sill try to include the topics of what I am writing about before going into detail.

The project is currently under wraps for the winter time as I live in New York and the winters are terrible. I am undoubtedly excited to get this car on the road but with patience as I do not want to make any mistakes or have to take the car apart again. But thank you for reading and Happy Turkey day (Thanksgiving) to all!
Jacob - Jay_944

Quick Reply: HELLO! Personal Introduction