Notices

Just got a 1988 944 and need help

Old 05-05-2019, 04:38 PM
LarryPowell82
New User

Question Just got a 1988 944 and need help

Hello everyone, I have just picked up a new to me 1988 944 na that my son and I are fixing up for him. Overall it is in decent shape for a 30-year-old car but it has been sitting for ~2 years now, the previous owner had it for about a year before he parked it. long story short I am planning on doing the timing belt asap, what all parts do I need to get? Also, are there any "while I'm in there" parts that I should change? Thank you for any help I can get.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:13 PM
Dwizle
User

Originally Posted by LarryPowell82 View Post
Hello everyone, I have just picked up a new to me 1988 944 na that my son and I are fixing up for him. Overall it is in decent shape for a 30-year-old car but it has been sitting for ~2 years now, the previous owner had it for about a year before he parked it. long story short I am planning on doing the timing belt asap, what all parts do I need to get? Also, are there any "while I'm in there" parts that I should change? Thank you for any help I can get.
Replace the Water pump all the Rollers change all the front oil seals cam, oil pump, balance shaft seals come to mind
Old 05-06-2019, 09:29 PM
LarryPowell82
New User

Thank you Dwizle
Old 05-11-2019, 08:26 PM
PaulD_944S2
User

Here's some help, these vendors sell complete belt and roller kits, water pumps optional.
Call them and discuss what you need, they are both great to work with.

https://www.paragon-products.com/Por...lers-s/322.htm

https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...and+roller+kit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: