944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Four into one header

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 09:29 AM
craigmakes321
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Four into one header

I am looking for a 4 into 1 header for my 944 s2. Does anyone have any experience with either the RS Barn or Lindsey Racing product ?
Old 04-16-2019, 01:23 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

I buy a lot of stuff from Lindsey and find Mike very helpful when i have questions for him ... altogether they carry quality parts !
Not sure about the different brands of headers out there , i have a Stahl on my SP2 car and i'm happy with it , although they are NLA from what i understand ...
Old 04-16-2019, 01:50 PM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077
I buy a lot of stuff from Lindsey and find Mike very helpful when i have questions for him ... altogether they carry quality parts !
Not sure about the different brands of headers out there , i have a Stahl on my SP2 car and i'm happy with it , although they are NLA from what i understand ...
1. Contact Mantis Racing, Porsche race shop, has Stahl headers, located in Canada.
2. Contact Racers Edge Porsche, have SS Stahl copied headers.
3. The key to Stahl headers is the 4 into 1 true merge collector which improves cylinder scavenging.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Billy.P
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 944/944s2/968 Header

This is my first post so not really sure of protocols, but I have been racing 944 S2’s on and off for close to 20 years and know most of the guys running in SP3. Everyone running at the front of SP3 pretty much uses the Racer’s Edge header,.. Brian from Midwest Eurosport puts the RE headers on all their customer cars and those cars are really well prepared,… wide body with wings etc… very fast. John Behe of RPR puts the RE units on all their customer cars as well, even the 2 valve cars.. The “Stahl” header design was actually done by Michael Mount, not Jerry Stahl, but Michael had Stahl manufacture them so they became known as “Stahl’ headers. Problem with those was they were made out of mild steel and would eventually crack and fail (ask me how I know). When Jerry Stahl retired and closed the business, Michael decided to work with Racer’s Edge to produce a stainless version of the same header. It costs a bit more than the mild steel version did, but it will last a long time and is a proper 4 into 1 long tube design.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:53 AM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts

I was lucky enough to direct order my Stahl header form the Stahl family business before they closed the shop , Ernie at Mantis bought a bunch and perhaps Karl at Racer's Edge picked
some up as well , although i do know the stainless version is pretty expensive now !
You get what you pay for in this case ...

Quick Reply: Four into one header