944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

new seats and seat repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 01:11 PM
rogerstopford
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new seats and seat repair

I have a couple of seat issues going on and am looking for knowledge and guidance. First, the recline has locked up on one of my seats - it's a mechanical recline, with the lever at the front, and that lever moves but feels kind-of stuck, and it is not releasing the seat back. The two little handle things on the seat sides work, so the seat will flip forward, but the one on the same side as the recline lever is very stiff. I am not sure how to dismantle it to get a good look at what might be jammed. I have the seat out of the car. Anyone had this problem and any ideas on how I dismantle the seat to look at what is going on with the recline release?

Second, has anyone installed modern seats into the 968? A pair of cayman seats is for sale locally, and I wonder if they will mount into the 968? Would be cool to install 'new' seats, but which ones are compatible with the mountings?
Old 03-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 475 Posts

I really hope someone chimes in about your question. I've found information on aftermarket Recaro and Sparco seats that people have used, but the information is kind of old and it's not clear to me that the newer models of discontinued series would fit. One of the switches on the side of the driver's seat in my car doesn't do anything and I worry that I'll have to replace the seats if I want full functionality but, to be honest, that's pretty low on a long list of things that I need to take care of on my car.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: new seats and seat repair