944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Mdea
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system

So I have 2 944's one is a 84 and the other is a 87, and one has to go, so since the 84 has an engine in it I'm going to end up keeping that one. But my question is can I take the fuel system in the 87 and put it in the 84? I know there's a half gen difference between them, but I don't think they should be too different and this way I dont have to spend 100+ on new fuel system parts.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 PM
peanut
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mdea
So I have 2 944's one is a 84 and the other is a 87, and one has to go, so since the 84 has an engine in it I'm going to end up keeping that one. But my question is can I take the fuel system in the 87 and put it in the 84? I know there's a half gen difference between them, but I don't think they should be too different and this way I dont have to spend 100+ on new fuel system parts.
it would help if you state which specific parts you intend to swop . The fuel pump filter and in tank filter are all compatible ...not sure about the injectors but I should have thought they were too.
look up the part numbers and see if they are the same
Old 02-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Mdea
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peanut
it would help if you state which specific parts you intend to swop . The fuel pump filter and in tank filter are all compatible ...not sure about the injectors but I should have thought they were too.
look up the part numbers and see if they are the same
Perfect you answered exactly what I needed to know, I just got to put the pumps and filters and maybe the lines. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Fuel system