1985 944 Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 11:25 AM
jpiombo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 944 Overheating

Good morning,
Hoping someone will give me some direction as to where to begin. I live in N. Michigan. the temperatures have been continously below freezing for some time now and I find myself in a dilemma.
When I put the car in the garage in mid November, everything was in good working order. We had a couple of days when the weather warmed up and I took the car to get new tires. Wile the tires were being mounted, the service tech said I had a coolant leak. Drove the car home parked it in the garage and very minimal leak. A couple of week later, the coolant leak had been bothering me, I started the car, brought it up to temperature and noticed that indeed, the coolant leak was more severe, but I couldn't tell where it was coming from other than the area near the water pump.
Today, I had a day off and decided to tackle the the coolant issue. I put the car up on the ramp and waited for it to come up to temp. While under the car, I noticed a steady trickling of oil, falling near the manifold, and no coolant leaking. Immediately, turned the vehicle off.
1. No Milkshake in reservoir tank
2. I imagine that the coolant system needs to be bled
3. Could the thermostat be stuck?
4. Oil Leak---Dipstick reads 3/4 after incident.
Can these symptoms all be related?
Which issue should I troubleshoot first?

Thank you for your thoughts in the matter

Quick Reply: 1985 944 Overheating