Need help with 16v swap in 951 - wiring - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Need help with 16v swap in 951 - wiring

Old 01-29-2019, 05:02 PM
Chaxce
User

Default Need help with 16v swap in 951 - wiring

Ok so I have a 1987 944S that was wrecked but still ran and drove and I decided to buy a 1988 951 roller to swap everything into.

I am pretty much done with the swap now but I can not get it to start, no tach bounce and no fuel. If I jump the DME relay then I get fuel but still no bounce. I have been troubleshooting it for a while now but I think the problem is somewhere in the 16v wiring that doesn’t line up with the 8v chassis.

So for swap wiring all I did was wire in the ICM (including pins 1 & 14 on the 14pin connector). I have found out by reading today that I need to swap over the fuel injection ballast so I’ll do that tonight, but is there any other wiring I need to do on this swap?

somewhere I read this: “the 944S DME needs an additional power source wired through the Fuse box.”
and i have not been able to locate any more info about this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: