Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Looking to buy my first Porsche. Thoughts on this one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Ricky Gray
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy my first Porsche. Thoughts on this one?

Hi. Looking at potentially getting started on a dream of mine. Always wanted a Porsche. Been driving my wife's 02 Beetle so she can have our little crossover for the kids. Just finished college so not looking to spend a ton of money, so I've been looking at the 944. The Bug has given me plenty of practice turning wrenches.

Curious about your thoughts on this 1985 944 with 56k. Owner says it's garage kept the last 28 years with current inspection and is "mint." Asking $6200. Most of the cars I've seen out there on Craigslist are in the 3-5k range with quite a few more miles and or needed maintenance. I'm just getting started on my research. Is this a fair price for this car/other things I should be looking for before I make a 4+ hour trip.

Kind regards.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:25 PM
Spring44
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

On the plus side it has nice paint and body, low mileage, nice clean interior with good original seats, sun roof works and dash only slightly cracked. It is current on maintenance, running and has a history of being garaged for most of its life. For that price, I'd say it is a pretty good deal.

Only question marks that I see are the two extraneous wires hanging down under the dash (one red, one black). If you like the color, go for it!
Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Looking to buy my first Porsche. Thoughts on this one?