Possibe ISV trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 03:27 PM
ZePorsche
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibe ISV trouble

Hey Rennies,

I've done a little reading and asking around and, based on my car's symptoms, it seems the best and least invasive strategy to start is to spray my ISV with carb cleaner. Basically, my '87 944S intermittently stalls and there doesnt seem to have a real pattern to it. It's only actually stalled out once because every other time i've given it some gas to keep it from stalling. It always happens when im at a stop (light or stop sign) and it doesnt necessarily happen during a cold start - i could be driving around for a little bit, get to a light and it will drop on me. Anyway, can anyone help me identify if this is my ISV? if you need another better picture let me know.

Thanks.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:03 AM
mel_t_vin
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

That arrow is pointing pretty close to where the ISV should be located. Have never measured one, but it's ~3.5" long, give or take, with a ~0.5" vacuum hose entering, and a ~0.5" vacuum hose exiting, at the base, 180* apart.

Before you replace the ISV, check the J-boot [remove and inspect the underside] and ALL other vacuum hoses for integrity.

Quick Reply: Possibe ISV trouble