944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

carpet

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Wojo7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carpet

Getting ready to freshen up my interior this winter and looking at replacement carpet. The carpet sets from Factory Interiors look real nice and the Essex material in particular seems to match the original carpet very closely. So heres the problem, for my model year, 1989 they only have a set available with a split back rear seat, my seat is solid. The set they sell for model years 1985-1987 has a solid rear seat back but I'm not sure what the other differences might be in the rest of the pieces. Does anyone know what changed from 87 to 89 carpet wise? As far as I knew the chassis is identical, all model years.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:03 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Wojo7
Getting ready to freshen up my interior this winter and looking at replacement carpet. The carpet sets from Factory Interiors look real nice and the Essex material in particular seems to match the original carpet very closely. So heres the problem, for my model year, 1989 they only have a set available with a split back rear seat, my seat is solid. The set they sell for model years 1985-1987 has a solid rear seat back but I'm not sure what the other differences might be in the rest of the pieces. Does anyone know what changed from 87 to 89 carpet wise? As far as I knew the chassis is identical, all model years.
I'm not positive, but I believe some of the pieces of side carpetting in the trunk changed for 89. Specifically the trunk. I don't know the reason, it may be for three-point rear belts.

There could be other changes, I am not sure. I recommend posting in the main 924-44-68 forum.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:54 PM
Rensb
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wojo7
I got mine from App-Biz. The "Plush Felt". I comes in a number of pieces, so you have to figure-out how the finished edges overlap, but in my opinion it's easier to install than one large single molded sheet.

Quick Reply: carpet