944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Who can ID these wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:04 AM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Who can ID these wheels?

Brand-size or model? They are not CUP wheels or any sort of CUP wheel AFAIK.

Old 09-20-2018, 11:56 PM
'84 944
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look pretty similar to OEM 964 rims. Or is that what you mean by Cup wheels? Just my guess at it.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 AM
931guru
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 235 Posts

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/products/brands/porsche
Old 09-22-2018, 01:18 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

It's not a factory wheel.

Looks kind of like a cross between a ROH ZR-6 and a Ruf Speedline. But it is neither.

Roh:

Ruf:

Unlike the ROH, your wheels have no detent for the center cap. And unlike the Ruf, the end of the spokes curves back.

Maybe it is this Folger?

Folger "Cup" style wheel:

There is a Japanese wheel, Cup-inspired, that also looks similar, but I can't remember the name.

Originally Posted by '84 944
They look pretty similar to OEM 964 rims. Or is that what you mean by Cup wheels? Just my guess at it.
Yes, that is known as a "Cup" wheel.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

I found two local 911's that looks like they have the same wheel model/brand. One in a sad situation and the other alive.... photos were sent to me.

Old 09-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Dennis Black
Track Day

I have two sets for my track car, that have been painted black, and look just like these. I'm not sure they are even Porsche wheels since there are SO many wheels out there similar to this style. There is information stamped on the insides of the wheels, as there is on yours, and maybe some checking around will help. Didnt help me so far... I just figured the PO bought some similar wheels for track days.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:17 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dennis Black
I have two sets for my track car, that have been painted black, and look just like these. I'm not sure they are even Porsche wheels since there are SO many wheels out there similar to this style. There is information stamped on the insides of the wheels, as there is on yours, and maybe some checking around will help. Didnt help me so far... I just figured the PO bought some similar wheels for track days.
Great! Do yo uhave photos of yours and inside of the wheels (back os the spokes) to check what info show them?
Old 10-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Dennis Black
Track Day

Sorry took so long...my phone and Rennlist do not get along, so I needed my PC.Also been busy. I was lucky enough to get my car onto the track (Buttonwillow) Friday. My first time in the 944 on track and its first time in many years. Didnt impress, had to break in tires and learn, but otherwise very happy. "Momentum car" describes it perfectly!

So the stamping inside the wheels is "STT 94436211600", which when I look it up is in fact a Porsche wheel, I believe called a 'Cup" wheel for 944/968.
My search on-line brought up many of the same wheels and identifications as such, an original Porsche Cup wheel. As stated above, they certainly do match the appearance of the Cup wheels on several of the pix pictured in this thread. You should be able to find these stampings on your own wheel as well?
Old 10-01-2018, 10:05 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dennis Black
Sorry took so long...my phone and Rennlist do not get along, so I needed my PC.Also been busy. I was lucky enough to get my car onto the track (Buttonwillow) Friday. My first time in the 944 on track and its first time in many years. Didnt impress, had to break in tires and learn, but otherwise very happy. "Momentum car" describes it perfectly!

So the stamping inside the wheels is "STT 94436211600", which when I look it up is in fact a Porsche wheel, I believe called a 'Cup" wheel for 944/968.
My search on-line brought up many of the same wheels and identifications as such, an original Porsche Cup wheel. As stated above, they certainly do match the appearance of the Cup wheels on several of the pix pictured in this thread. You should be able to find these stampings on your own wheel as well?
Thanks Dennis. Yes, life is a busy state! Thanks for the info....so yours are 16" wheels? Also your setup is square or staggered? if last, what would be the other P/N stamped on the wheel if you happen to check it when you have time? By any chance could you take a photo and share it or send it to me through PM?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Random internet wheel photos I found just to compare the design.

Last edited by DiegoR; 10-01-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Who can ID these wheels?