944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Need alternative for Supercharged 944

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need alternative for Supercharged 944

Ok....Here is the newest info on my 944 Supercharged.

The guy got the vehicle to start and drive out of the garage on it's own power. The problem is he couldn't get the Link AFM to work with the car so he rigged up the stock AFM with the supercharger and got it to work that way. It is rough and he says it looks to run alittle rich (I'll find out more tomorrow).

Anyhow, I need an alternative to this AFM problem. I could do a new stand alone engine management system (as long as the price isn't up up up up), to a MAF, to whatever to get this car running decent where I can start fine tuning it. I am open to all options and idea and if you can provide links, that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,
space
Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Mikes3.0cabturbo
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Space, I have been running this EMS, very easy to set up and tune and low cost.

http://www.enginemanagementsystem.co...es/Stinger.pdf
Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

Thanks...sent them an email....

keep them coming...the engine starts up, but idles rough and when I tried to pull out it jumps like someone just learning to drive a clutch...and it is running rich rich rich....

Keep the ideas and recommendations coming...aprreciate it.

space
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? You could always just pull some of the pressure out of the rail. It's a crude way to tune, but it might be a stopgap until you can get something more precise. And, if you already have the adjustable FPR, it's free
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

I have a FPR, but need a FP gauge to know what I'm pushing so that's one thing I need to get.

But the problem is with the AFM. Right now I'm running the stock one because the Link AFM doesn't seem to work. Plus, I think this thing needs something where I can fine tune it so I'm really gearing toward a EMS. If I can find one for around 1000 bucks (or cheaper ) and it comes with everything I need to plug and play or something close to plug and play then I rather do that.

Thanks,
space

Quick Reply: Need alternative for Supercharged 944