944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Warning lights on my dash!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Mack's 944S2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Warning lights on my dash!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions as to how to fix my problem. I have a 1989 944 S2. She starts and runs just fine. My problem is that when I get into the drivers seat and buckle up and the 'e' brake is on (no one is in the passenger seat). When I start her up the little symbol on the dash that tells me to buckle up is lit (even though I am buckled up) and the large red rectangular warning light is also on. Now when I disengage the 'e' brake the large red rectangular warning light will go out but the red symbol that warns me to buckle up is still on (even though I am buckled up). Now within a matter on seconds (3 to 5) the large red rectangular warning light will come back on. So, I drive around all day with two red lights on my dash. The buckle up and the large red rectangular warning light. The vehicle runs just fine but it is very bothersome to have these red lights illuminated. Does anyone have a solution to my problem?
Old 03-10-2006, 03:44 AM
meewosh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a sensor under emergency brake, it could be loose or bad. "Buckle up" sensor i sprobably bad too. Do You have ABS?? I had similar problem when one of the sensors was bad (rear wheel) and the sustem didn't work - The warning light come on over 20km/h.

Quick Reply: Warning lights on my dash!