Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

80's Porsche Ownership Achievement Unlocked!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:11 PM
McCoey
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 80's Porsche Ownership Achievement Unlocked!

Hey guys, have lurked here from time to time, but first time post so be gentle. Thought I'd create an account here to co-inside with my new Porsche ownership.
Have had Porsche's in the family for over 20 years, (My Father worked at Hamiltons Porsche who were a long time distributor as Porsche Cars Australia) I wouldn't consider myself a novice, as I work in professional motorsport team, so not new to Porsche's, or cars by any stretch.

Long story short, my father died last year and in a little bit of a tribute to him, I bought an old beater 944. It's an 83' manual, and nothing special, but it's special to me as at some point in the late 80's it went through my Fathers hands.

I intend on bringing the car back to it's former glory, time period correct. Couldn't give a flying continental about how many kW's it makes, just want it to be like they were, rolled out of the factory in 83'.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:28 PM
JRP944
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 71 Posts

Should be a fun project and cool that you're doing it as a tribute to your late father. Be sure to post up some pics!
Old 03-06-2018, 07:04 PM
Coloradoguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. And +1 on not being bothered by horsepower or being the fastest down the road. A worthy project.

Quick Reply: 80's Porsche Ownership Achievement Unlocked!