Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Quebec 928 Mini-GTG w/pics (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/957569-quebec-928-mini-gtg-w-pics.html)

Andy E. 10-10-2016 12:18 PM

Quebec 928 Mini-GTG w/pics

7 Attachment(s)
This past Saturday, Donald Smith was nice enough to invite a few 928 members over to his home in Morin Heights to talk 928s, Audis and Porsches. Donald & Patricia hosted a great event (albeit the rainy weather) and appeased our appetites with a nice BBQ lunch.

Bertrand Daoust showed up with his immaculate Cobalt Blue '91 S4, Luc (oups59) with his stunning Venetian Blue '88 S4 and Andre the Giant with his mint Pearl White '85 S and matching phone dials. Yours truly brought the Cayenne since the S4 was suffering from a bum battery (excuses, excuses...:icon107:).

We all witnessed firsthand what a 928 looks like after a fire; followed by some surgical incisions using a Sawzall. We all left with some 928 parts in hand as everybody knows that spares will always be needed.;)

We also had the opportunity to see what a special edition Porsche-built Audi looks like up close with Donald's stunning RS2 (see attached pics)!

Thanks again to Donald for the invite! Now, it's our mission to source another 928 for Donald!:bigbye:

Pictured below:
Pic #1: (L to R) Andre the Giant, Donald Smith & Bertrand Daoust discussing the S6's internals
Pic #2: 928 carcass - Donald, you should have been a surgeon!
Pic #3: S4 powerplant with intake removed
Pic #4: 928 parts everywhere!
Pics #5,6 & 7: Donald's Audi-Porsche RS2 - Note the factory aero mirrors, front 964 markers/parking lamps, Cup wheels and big red calipers & distinctive Porsche badging

Bertrand Daoust 10-10-2016 12:53 PM

It was real nice meeting you again Andy.

Those meets are always fun.

A big thanks to Don and Pat for the very good lunch. Traited like old friends.

Thanks Don for the parts. The hatch motor's intalled. Working perfectly.

I'm sure next time I'll see you, there will be one more 928... Yours!

Now, I need to find a place to paint my spare spoiler. :)
I found your write-up on this Andy. Thanks!

Donald Smith 10-10-2016 05:15 PM

Hey guys!
The pleasure was all mine. We'll do it again. You all inspired me with your beautiful cars. We'll see what the future brings.
Cheers
Don

Andre The Giant 10-11-2016 08:42 AM

First and foremost, thank you to Donald and Patricia accepting us with such open arms. It was a pleasure to meet Donald for the first time. I did not get a chance to install my "new to me" head unit but will do soon.

I feel for you Donald, but I am sure you will relive the dream one day, Patricia seems like she understands the sentimental value attached to your vehicles.

Of course it was nice to get together with know friends and also I had the chance to make a new friend, Andy. I have the privilege to hand around such great people and living the dream with my toy, which is what others are doing also.

Thank you Andy for all the extra toys and for the great pics of this event.
One day I will get to see your toy Andy.

Hopefully we will have more opportunities like this in the future.

Take care everyone.

Andre