928s for Sale - Page 273 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists

928s for Sale

 
Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM
  #4081  
BRB-83-911SC
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BRB-83-911SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Woburn MA
Posts: 919
Default

Originally Posted by hlee96 View Post
Never knew there was such a thing as a "low horsepower" ROW 32V motor, since the S4 have the same motors domestic or ROW. This car has the same pipe organ intake as any 85-86 US 32V motor. It may be Canadian or US with rear bumper replaced, but the engine is definitely not an 86 euro engine, which is the most important aspect of the S2.
In 86 (and maybe 85?) there were both 16V and 32V Euro spec motors. The 16V was the hot rod. So this car is likely a true Euro with the 32V motor (VIN should confirm), and being an 86 Euro, it would have the 86.5 US upgrades to suspension/brakes/exhaust. Still desirable in my opinion, and rare in the US.

There is a good discussion on the S2 32V Euro motor here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...0-86-euro.html
BRB-83-911SC is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:51 AM
  #4082  
SteveG
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SteveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 5,867
Default '89 Auto Queens, NY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Porsche-928-S4-Coupe-2-Door/263457178102?epid=73982448&hash=item3d574581f6:g:QzoAAOSwrklVbI8L&vxp=mt r

82,750 miles, $15,950, one picture, if you click on "full description" you go to dealer site and many pics. No affiliation or knowledge of dealer. Odd spliced wire running across front of engine. Ozone Park is near JFK if that helps. Based on the very limited description, it could be priced right.

Last edited by SteveG; 02-08-2018 at 11:10 AM.
SteveG is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 11:45 AM
  #4083  
hlee96
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hlee96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Near Mushroom Capital of the World
Posts: 2,453
Default

Wow! Learn something everyday!
Thanks Olmann and Brian!
-Hoi
Originally Posted by BRB-83-911SC View Post
In 86 (and maybe 85?) there were both 16V and 32V Euro spec motors. The 16V was the hot rod. So this car is likely a true Euro with the 32V motor (VIN should confirm), and being an 86 Euro, it would have the 86.5 US upgrades to suspension/brakes/exhaust. Still desirable in my opinion, and rare in the US.

There is a good discussion on the S2 32V Euro motor here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...0-86-euro.html
hlee96 is offline  
Old 02-08-2018, 10:47 PM
  #4084  
Han Solo
User
 
Han Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 218
Default

Job loss forces me to list this one.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6488974022.html
Here's the thread I started last summer.
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...-car-928s.html
PM your interest.
Thanks!
Han Solo is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 09:23 AM
  #4085  
hlee96
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hlee96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Near Mushroom Capital of the World
Posts: 2,453
Default

I think this is a Weissach hiding in hideous yellow paint.
-2 tone door cards (front seats recovered)
-weissach colored POD
-gold tint engine bay
-of course 1982

However, it is still overpriced even for a Weissach. Needs >$20-25k in restore to Weissach condition if it is
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/an...489260476.html


hlee96 is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 AM
  #4086  
linderpat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
linderpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 9,957
Default

Hoi, considering that it is running with some sort of a home made air filter element, and only two air box straps, one can only imagine how much dirt that engine has ingested. We freak out over intake manifolds not being cleaned enough after powder coating. This car has likely sand blasted innards. I wouldn't touch it at any price without a leakdown and bore scope. Also, that odo is hardly to be believed.
linderpat is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 04:18 PM
  #4087  
buccicone
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
buccicone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Centerburg, OH
Posts: 1,036
Default

Originally Posted by linderpat View Post
Hoi, considering that it is running with some sort of a home made air filter element, and only two air box straps, one can only imagine how much dirt that engine has ingested. We freak out over intake manifolds not being cleaned enough after powder coating. This car has likely sand blasted innards. I wouldn't touch it at any price without a leakdown and bore scope. Also, that odo is hardly to be believed.
RUN from this one!
buccicone is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 04:58 PM
  #4088  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,563
Default

Originally Posted by linderpat View Post
Hoi, considering that it is running with some sort of a home made air filter element, and only two air box straps, one can only imagine how much dirt that engine has ingested. We freak out...
That might be a K&N filter. Not sure that's better than a home-made paper filter...
worf928 is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 PM
  #4089  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,213
Default

That sucks man. Good luck to you and the sale of the car. I think you've got it priced well for a quick sale.

Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Job loss forces me to list this one.
https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/6488974022.html
Here's the thread I started last summer.
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...-car-928s.html
PM your interest.
Thanks!
SeanR is offline  
Old 02-09-2018, 06:05 PM
  #4090  
linderpat
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
linderpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 9,957
Default

I don't think so Dave. I have a K&N element (not in my car; it was with one of my other 928s and I promptly removed it). The K&N has a glossy black rubberized housing. The stuff in the yellow car looks like furnace insulation or something cut to size.
linderpat is offline  
Old 02-10-2018, 01:10 PM
  #4091  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,563
Default

Originally Posted by linderpat View Post
The stuff in the yellow car looks like furnace insulation or something cut to size.
You must have found pictures other than the single low-res engine pic above?
In any case, I think a furnace filter might to a better job than a dry, dirty K&N.
worf928 is offline  
Old 02-10-2018, 06:26 PM
  #4092  
jcm911sc
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Dave, I live in Framingham and have a gts that needs some attention. Is this something you can help me with?
jcm911sc is offline  
Old 02-10-2018, 09:38 PM
  #4093  
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
worf928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 11,563
Default

Originally Posted by jcm911sc View Post
Dave, I live in Framingham and have a gts that needs some attention. Is this something you can help me with?
Possibly. Let's 'talk'. I tried to send you a Private Message but you haven't enabled them. Why don't you do that and we can connect in a more context-appropriate forum

Go to your User Control Panel


worf928 is offline  
Old 02-11-2018, 12:28 PM
  #4094  
jcm911sc
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2
Default

I justenabled that (at least I think I did) but I'm not very proficient at these boards...

Last edited by jcm911sc; 02-11-2018 at 02:34 PM.
jcm911sc is offline  
Old 02-11-2018, 02:05 PM
  #4095  
Ghosteh
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Ghosteh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sugar Grove, IL
Posts: 680
Default

FWIW... you might want to spell that out as "ya_hoo dot com" If not, expect some emails from a Nigerian prince and his missionary friends.
Ghosteh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 928s for Sale


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: