Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   928s for Sale (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/931476-928s-for-sale.html)

BC 04-30-2016 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by GT6ixer (Post 13243743)
Have you guys noticed that in the last few days since BC's 86.5 sold for $52K on BAT that the eBay listings for 928s have nearly doubled? Crazy. Last week there were 15 for sale. Now there are 28.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cars-Trucks-...012&_dmpt=null

I had noticed that, as I am sure many others did. I will suggest that we may see many cars come out of the woodwork. And it will be interesting to see them, but it will also be good to point out to the prospective buyers that may show up here for advice that it is quite different to take one out of storage, crank it, and list it, and what is "supposed" to happen. But this thread is about 928s for sale, of which I think there will be many this summer.

OTR18WHEELER 04-30-2016 03:34 AM

Estate sale in Knoxville.
https://powellauction.hibid.com/lot/...chback---vin-/

JWise 04-30-2016 01:27 PM

Yes to a subforum

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr (Post 13239655)
I wish we had a 928 sub-forum for ads like we had years ago but that idea fell on deaf ears to bring it back.

Good idea. What's the holdup - why can't it just be done? (I assume you're talking about a setup like the P&C offshoot of OT)

Going forward, any "random" 928 for sale anyone wants to post about goes in this thread.

Bad idea. Look, I agree the idea of having all sale ads in one thread sounds good initially. But in reality, it will become time consuming scrolling through a long list of posts, quite possibly to find none that are of interest. A subforum, with properly titled posts, can be scanned very quickly to see if there's anything of interest.

Short of a subforum, I fail to see why some people have an issue with for sale posts in the main 928 forum. Not interested? Don't click the thread. There are lots of threads that I don't care about but I don't get upset because they exist.

Comments in blue.

77tony 04-30-2016 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JWise (Post 13245965)
Comments in blue.

J, Works very well here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8636...k-991-1-a.html 413,602 posts in a little over a year :) T

JWise 04-30-2016 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 77tony (Post 13246035)
J, Works very well here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8636...k-991-1-a.html 413,602 posts in a little over a year :) T

Hi T! I still think that format is unwieldy, although it IS better suited to the 991 series - which doesn't span 18 model years. Why scroll through pages of posts, perhaps none of which ultimately are of interest to you, when you could peruse a list of sale threads in mere seconds? Thus, I believe a subforum is a better alternative in two ways - it centralizes the sale threads AND puts them in a format that's quickly digested. Just my .928 cents. :cheers:

77tony 04-30-2016 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JWise (Post 13246368)
Hi T! I still think that format is unwieldy, although it IS better suited to the 991 series - which doesn't span 18 model years. Why scroll through pages of posts, perhaps none of which ultimately are of interest to you, when you could peruse a list of sale threads in mere seconds? Thus, I believe a subforum is a better alternative in two ways - it centralizes the sale threads AND puts them in a format that's quickly digested. Just my .928 cents. :cheers:

Hi J, It took appox.. five years of periodically pleading to get this 928's for Sale on the homepage. This instead of trying to find cars for sale spread out all over RL 928 and mixed in with all other threads. IMHO, most cars intially put up for sale will either sell fairly quickly. If not the OP can lower his price a bit and bump his post ? I feel the moderators will not go with another sub-forum and even if they did, users will not go there much-but what do I know :) T

77tony 05-01-2016 12:13 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Looks good from my house: Only 26,262 miles on this 5spd 88. Appears to be untampered and always garaged judging by it's very nice two tone interior. Bid now at $ 26,011 with 7 days left. T
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-928-...m=141975116047

77tony 05-01-2016 12:59 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Same dealer above also has a low mile 93 GTS auto for sale:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-928-...m=141975114617

928 DesMoines 05-01-2016 02:45 PM

I recently decided to sell my 1990 S4. When I went to post it in classifieds on Ren, there was no "model" category for the 928 under the "Porsche make" menu. I frustratingly tried to figure it out, but finally ended up posting it in the 911 model category.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post13246511

Anyway, I am doubly frustrated that my wife can't see the wisdom of owning both a GT and an S4. I mean, how can I continue my "side by side comparison research" without the S4?! I should have NEVER revealed that the GT is now a dependable driver. Curses!

whiteNSXs 05-01-2016 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by 77tony (Post 13246529)
Hi J, It took appox.. five years of periodically pleading to get this 928's for Sale on the homepage. This instead of trying to find cars for sale spread out all over RL 928 and mixed in with all other threads. IMHO, most cars intially put up for sale will either sell fairly quickly. If not the OP can lower his price a bit and bump his post ? I feel the moderators will not go with another sub-forum and even if they did, users will not go there much-but what do I know :) T

Tony,
Just a suggestion. To eliminate junk posts, perhaps you might adopt the random picture thread policy, "stay out unless one has a post about a car for sale". The title needs to clearly state what is for sale and price such as 1986.5 manual 80k miles Meteor grey for $20k etc.
Steve

77tony 05-01-2016 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by whiteNSXs (Post 13248529)
Tony,
Just a suggestion. To eliminate junk posts, perhaps you might adopt the random picture thread policy, "stay out unless one has a post about a car for sale". The title needs to clearly state what is for sale and price such as 1986.5 manual 80k miles Meteor grey for $20k etc.
Steve

Good idea Steve and maybe add that if junk posts start to infiltrate this thread but wouldn't that keep people potential buyers away :confused: Most info/pics for any partiular 928 for sale should be linked and include more info of vehicle, price, contact info, etc. One could also type in there own description, add pics etc., to start a post here if no link available. Contact seller(s) through link. :burnout:T

whiteNSXs 05-01-2016 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 77tony (Post 13249502)
Hi Steve, Wouldn't that keep people potential buyers away :confused: Most info/pic for any partiular 928 for sale should be linked and include more info of vehicle, price, contact info, etc. One could also type in there own description, add pics etc., to start a post here if no link available. Contact seller(s) through link. :burnout:T

Tony,
That's exactly the point. One can freely read the thread and contact the seller through links and PM. Every entry should be about a car for sale and should not be a thread that everyone can write a post that says something like "I like it", "nice car", or "it is too expensive" just to clutter up the thread. Without these junk posts, the thread would be much easier to read. The 991 thread has too many commentaries and is simply too cluttered.
Steve

77tony 05-01-2016 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by whiteNSXs (Post 13249565)
Tony,
That's exactly the point. One can freely read the thread and contact the seller through links and PM. Every entry should be about a car for sale and should not be a thread that everyone can write a post that says something like "I like it", "nice car", or "it is too expensive" just to clutter up the thread. Without these junk posts, the thread would be much easier to read. The 991 thread has too many commentaries and is simply too cluttered.
Steve

I would think that's what really drives the thread. It's still a forum and experienced opionions from those in the know would be very helpful in determining if a 928 for sale is worthy of it's asking price.02 T

The Deputy 05-02-2016 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by JWise (Post 13246368)

Agree. I wish they would have two sub forums, one for 928's (listed by year in title) and the other for 928 parts needed or selling (a...you have...I want, I have...you want).

I rarely, if ever, go to the parts forsale section of rennlist, since the search function does very little weeding...and I want to only look at flowers.

Although, there are some weeds that have pretty flowers...lol.

Brian.

STG 05-02-2016 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by whiteNSXs

The 991 thread has too many commentaries and is simply too cluttered.
Steve

If you read through it, its main purpose is to also educate buyers about the whole 991 buying experience and about the whole "sales game". The 991 "Hot for Sale" stickie was never meant to just be a copy/paste version of the classifieds or Autotrader. Teaches prospective buyers on ways to search and make good/educated buying decisions.

If you follow it for a while, the purpose is obvious. On this board, the purpose is a little bit different I'm sure, but with the same end goal though.

Things will work out fine with this 928 stickie. I wouldn't stress it out too much guys. The 991 one gets 3K views a day. I think this one will be more focused since the 928 has a niche and cult like following.

For what it's worth!