Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   928s for Sale (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/931476-928s-for-sale.html)

BC 06-03-2016 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 13344175)
This one should be put on a trailer after purchase. 2001 timing belt? Seriously?

When I was talking with some people recently about the market, it was suggested that people will be dragging these cars out of their garages, putting a coat of wax on them, and shoving them into the light. No prep, no work - just a sale.

It makes me a bit concerned - as then, the cycle may continue of misunderstanding and misuse. Even the seller here on BAT is stating himself he is nervous with the car.

Oh well.

hlee96 06-05-2016 09:29 AM

Anyone in NYC wanting to save this car?

No affiliation

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5620267269.html

77tony 06-06-2016 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
93 GTS:https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...s-too-big.html

VanD 06-06-2016 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by 77tony (Post 13352055)

Man this car has me bummed out. Looked at it on Wednesday night in the pouring rain after flying into Dallas and driving in the monsoon TX rains three hours. Car was very well kept and was beautiful. Had aftermarket wheels, was due for a timing belt, had a accident a bit ago with 14k worth of work done but repaired by Park Place Porsche and the work looked to have been done well. But I got spooked, so didn't leave a deposit (I felt 'out of my wheelhouse' in that I'm an OB guy and really know very little about what to look for in a GTS, and also it would be the first 928 that I would have to finance to buy) - owner ( a very nice guy BTW) and I agreed that I would call Monday evening once I secured financing and he would hold the car until then. Talked to some GTS guys at SITM to gather info and this looked like it was the car for me. Secured financing today through classic car loan. Made the call to the owner today to take the car and there was "good news and bad news" - it was available but price now up 6k. Puts me out of the running. Crap -should have left that deposit. This market is definitely 'you snooze you lose'!

928 DesMoines 06-07-2016 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by VanD (Post 13352168)
Man this car has me bummed out. Looked at it on Wednesday night in the pouring rain after flying into Dallas and driving in the monsoon TX rains three hours. Car was very well kept and was beautiful. Had aftermarket wheels, was due for a timing belt, had a accident a bit ago with 14k worth of work done but repaired by Park Place Porsche and the work looked to have been done well. But I got spooked, so didn't leave a deposit (I felt 'out of my wheelhouse' in that I'm an OB guy and really know very little about what to look for in a GTS, and also it would be the first 928 that I would have to finance to buy) - owner ( a very nice guy BTW) and I agreed that I would call Monday evening once I secured financing and he would hold the car until then. Talked to some GTS guys at SITM to gather info and this looked like it was the car for me. Secured financing today through classic car loan. Made the call to the owner today to take the car and there was "good news and bad news" - it was available but price now up 6k. Puts me out of the running. Crap -should have left that deposit. This market is definitely 'you snooze you lose'!

So, you went all the way there, made a tentative deal and took the weekend to chew on everything mentally and get your financing (and he agreed to hold the car till Monday)... and then by Monday he said the new price of the car was 6k higher? I mean, I guess that is the seller's prerogative, but man, that doesn't seem like a gentleman's way on his part. Perhaps he has a new offer from someone else.
I say: Be glad you walked. 928's values are indeed going up; but a car that has accident history (even a GTS) doesn't go up 6k value in 5 days as far as I have heard.

J1720 06-07-2016 12:54 AM

/\ agree!

linderpat 06-07-2016 01:16 AM

Alex, the guy's a dick and I wouldn't buy the car from him under any circumstances. He probably had a couple more calls and thought yank and reprice. Hope he ends up sitting on it from here on in. By the way, a GTS with wreck history is just that - a great big discount. Excellent article on this very subject (plus things like multiple owners) affecting value in the most recent Sports Car Market magazine. A 90K miles car with accident history ain't going anywhere fast. I would not pay $36K for it, that's for sure. For that money, I'm looking for a sorted 89/90 GT, which may be a better car anyway.

GT6ixer 06-07-2016 02:19 AM

I agree with the guys here Alex. Shady move and definelty not a man of his word. Here I thought Texans were better than that. Wasn't meant to be. A better deal and a better car is in your future.

DeWolf 06-07-2016 04:13 AM

What an asshole. Look at the Rennlist add and he's put 911 as the model.

jej3 06-07-2016 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DeWolf (Post 13352953)
What an asshole. Look at the Rennlist add and he's put 911 as the model.

Not defending the person but I'm not sure 928 is available as a model. It isn't available as an option in the search of the for sale listings.

SeanR 06-07-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by VanD (Post 13352168)

Absolutely a cock sucking move. I'd not deal with a person like that either. He told me on Friday when I talked to him that he would honor the deal made over the phone but if you didn't take it he was going to post it for more money. For him to not honor that tells me a lot about the character of the man.

Adamant1971 06-07-2016 11:54 PM

Its back. :)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/g...ationFlag=true

DoubleNutz 06-08-2016 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Adamant1971 (Post 13355581)

That's just sad,... damn sad!

crushingday 06-08-2016 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by Adamant1971 (Post 13355581)

DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT IT!!!!

WyattsRide 06-08-2016 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 77tony (Post 13339170)

I talked to the previous owner of this car since it's almost the same as mine and I was interested in the window sticker information he mentions in the Ebay ad. He sold it locally for 22k CAN. (18k US) I think that's a pretty good amount for this car. It's in great shape and semi-low miles. He's lives in Toronto and bought a GTS, so he said he didn't need two........ Why not? :D