Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Please help me locate the 'Air Bleed Valve' I beg you. (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/650524-please-help-me-locate-the-air-bleed-valve-i-beg-you.html)

LEADASS 08-19-2011 05:06 PM

Please help me locate the 'Air Bleed Valve' I beg you.

I'm loosing my mind! I can't for the life of me locate the vacuum nipple, the other end is attached to the charcoal cannister. I've searched my photo gallery (two motors), I've searched the WSM, I've stared and poke everywhere I can think, I've searched Rennlist... I don't know what else to do. Boo Hoo Hoo. I need an hour or so to button up the car and drive but can't move forward. Did I mention I'm loosing my mind!?! thanks, Brian

Randy V 08-19-2011 05:23 PM

Loosing? Tightening?

Really?

Begin the begging!

76FJ55 08-19-2011 05:30 PM

Shouldn't you have s sticker in the engine bay detailing the vac line routing?

LEADASS 08-19-2011 05:37 PM

Maybe I used to have a sticker..... The workshop manual has a diagram for an '85 32 valve, I just can't locate the blasted nipple. As for begging....please, please, please( insert tears and grovelling).

neilh 08-19-2011 05:44 PM

I was going to post the diagram from my 86, but some previous PO swapped the hood ( long story!) and it has a 84 sticker inside :-(

LEADASS 08-19-2011 05:51 PM

SON OF A B@#%! Thanks anyway,Neil.

Leon Speed 08-19-2011 05:54 PM

Forward of and on the underside of the coolant tank.

76FJ55 08-19-2011 05:54 PM

Slight correction put dont think it should effect the hose you're working with:

one side of the charcole canister goes to the vent line which leads to the rear of the can and dunmps our by the rear bumper off the fuel tank. the other attached to the "Y" fitting in front of the canister in the fender well. One side of the Y should be attached to a line which is leads to the fuel tank vent. The other side of the "Y" should go into the engine bay and attach to the Vacuum valve. I think this valve is mounted on the inside of the right fender. If you dont see it trace from the other end. The 86.5 has a vacuum control valve mounted on the suspensino cross brace. the 85 has this valve mounted on the right shock tower just below the cross brace. the 86 will be in one of these two places I don't know when they changed it. this valve should have a large vac line coming from the intake and the other larg line should go to the vacuum valve.

LEADASS 08-19-2011 06:20 PM

Ok, There's a hose from the charcoal cannister on the passenger side that passes through the fender. This hose terminates into a black plastic 'valve' (this is under the coolant tank), there is a 3/8" I.D. hose that goes to the 'AC kickdown' that's attached to the cross brace. There is also (on this plastic 'valve') a small 1/8" vacuum line, I need to locate the other end of this smaller line.

LEADASS 08-19-2011 06:28 PM

Is this plastic 'valve' the EGR valve? If it is then this line should terminate on the front of the throttle body on top. Right? thanks.

76FJ55 08-19-2011 06:39 PM

That is the Vacuum valve. the small line should connect to the Thermo switch. the thermo switch then connects to the throttle body. the thermo switch is located at the rear of the right head on top near the area where the FRP os located.

LEADASS 08-19-2011 07:11 PM

SIMON IS A SUPERHERO!!!!!! Holy crap, I looked and looked and friggin looked. I pulled the line from the thermo switch to the throttle body off and there... just out of sight was that nipple! 30 seconds to reconnect it and I'm on my way. Now I can sleep, more important now I can put the car back together. Sweet thundering Jesus, Simon if ever you find yourself in Maine You've got a place to stay.

76FJ55 08-19-2011 07:26 PM

You're welcome. Glad you're getting it back together. Don't have any immediate plans to dead that way, but if I do I'll definitely let you know.

LEADASS 08-20-2011 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jonathan, this is for you. I hope it will be of some service. Brian

SteveG 08-22-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 76FJ55 (Post 8804525)
You're welcome. Glad you're getting it back together. Don't have any immediate plans to dead that way, but if I do I'll definitely let you know.

That what you meant to say, right?.